weekly Scots_quine's 52 Challenge for 2019 - week 52 added

It is in an area of marshland flooded by the high tides in the Forth. Back in the 16th century it was the location of a Scottish naval dockyard and ship building yard.

^^^^ Aye that :)

I always thought it was 'dull as dishwater' but looked it up and every day's a school day (dishwater is the newer version apparently).
I love the processing. Think you need to write a tutorial on how you did it.

Dull
I had thought about doing a ditchwater shot, but couldn't find a nearby ditch with water in it.
I'm not usually a fan of the processing of your first shot, but I have to say, what you've done looks pretty good.

Thank you all for your comments about my shots. I am using the challenge as a chance to try out different processing when I have the time to play. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't! I always had it in my head to do a sepia toned image for Dull and I am pleased it worked out so well.

I do like a good Gunners photo and it's usually the leaves that get people's attention, but I think the flower spike is quite an architectural thing. I like the pov you've used and there a good amount of for.

Lovely images Joan!:clap:
#1 is my favourite too...I just love the DoF, works so well with the subject, which is fantastically interesting. A beautiful image!
Not to say that #2 isn't fantastically interesting too...I don't even know what it is...looks almost alien!

As it was a free week I really intended to have a whippet racing shot but the racing was called off on Sunday as the track was too wet. So a garden subject it had to be.

You have a Gunnera in your garden :wideyed: I have never seen the flowering heads before very impressive and unusual

I like the portrait of the whippet for your take on NEAR. They are lovely dogs, my bro has greyhounds but they're in the UK so not much chance to photo them!

Okay, My immediate reaction to the post in the main thread was Blur - Parklife, as this is reminiscent of the cover.
Works for your choice too (perhaps better actually) :)
I love the capture of the charge, especially the dog bottom left.

Some lovely images since the last time I popped by Joan.

Empty made me laugh. Very imaginative!
Soft is a very nice shot too. I really like the composition.
Dull is a beautiful image. The sepia works perfectly as does the vignette.
Near - a very nice portrait and perfectly timed too :)
Song - Cracking shot. Very sharp too considering the speed they were probably doing.

Week 43 - BORROWED (Something blue)

Week 43 - BORROWED-N5B_3053-compos2.jpg

Have had the dizzy virus since yesterday so no driving for me this week. Dogs it is again for the last time as season finished on Sunday. Almost as bad as @Dave70D with his jazz shots! But I did do a bit of layering in Photoshop so all good practise.

Thank you all. I have to say I have had more compliments on my dog shots here than I have had from my club competition judges!! I do so enjoy photographing them. It's a bit of a challenge.

Had to borrow the skeleton from the little girl next door - not something I would normally have lying around. My first thought was to take it down to the 'beach' (I use that term loosely as I really mean down to the banks of the Forth) and do Skeleton Coast but that would involve driving so not to be. Still confined to the house unfortunately. Hopefully this week's challenge will force me outdoors...…….

Great shot for Spooky, very clever.

Back