Scots_quine's 52 Challenge for 2020 - Week 52 added

I really like your close up of the green moss with all the shades of red around it!

A very nice image Joan, I'm glad you said what is was, the red bit was confusing me.

Pete

Really like your take on FLORA. Very different from the flower shots that everyone is going for (me included probably!)

Love that crack of moss :)

Great shot Joan love the reflection.

This was the colour version.
WEEK 05 - TIME - N5B_4711-2-1.jpg

This figure was dug up by my father about 40+ years ago when he was leveling out a field for new housing in Inverness. I cleaned it up. I assume it's made of brass and has the word 'Ahasver' carved into the front (Wandering Jew in 13th century Europe legend) and the name F.Heiss & Sohne carved at the back (maker's name I assume). How it ever turned up in a field in Inverness I will never know!

That's a great find and a superb picture, I prefer the black and white because the watch looks as though it matches the statue. The Smokey version is very moody.

B&W for me too - and I love the smokey version! It matches the mood of the statue beautfully, and adds to the drama. What did you use to produce the smoke?

I like both the colour and mono versions Joan and the mono just wins out for me.
The watch face really stands out well in the last pic.

You've nailed the theme on 2 counts in one image! Great stuff, lovely composition and plenty of interest. really nicely set up and lit too.

Brilliant set of images 1 or 3 for me but I think 1 just takes it as slough I like the smoke in No 3 I find the fact that its quite light at the bottom of the image a little distracting.

Very nice Joan, well thought out and a very strange back story indeed.

They are all good, but its gotta be #1 for me.

There is a bit of a story about the watch as well.. I was going out with a chap and he broke up with me. He had given me a very nice watch at Christmas. Next day, Saturday I went into town to the 'good' jewellers, spent 60s looking in the window, went into the shop and said I'll have that one please. Do you not want to look at any others? no thank you. They sent me away for a coffee while they fixed the bracelet. Came back, put the new watch on and asked them to bin the other watch. They were shocked but I was adamant. Job done. It didn't mend my broken heart but it helped a bit. Not sure if I would spend that amount of money now on a watch!

#1 for me. Like the reflection and composition and needs to be B&W to keep the watch and statue together.

The mono for me too - the colour I find a little distracting. Love the reflection.

Like them both. B&W shades it, the blue watch face is a bit distracting on the colour.

Reflections are popular Joan, first one for me, surprised with the colour one, my enjoyment of the smoky one is affected by the watch still being fully in focus and doesn't seem as much part of the scene.

The first one is a winner! Great mood, great reflections!

They both look excellent. I'm not sure I could pick between the two of them.

I prefer the apple one Joan. The reflections, lighting and black background are lovely.

Very clever Joan I think the apple just about wins.

Well that’s certainly kept you busy, either of them work for me

Banana is very clever and no issue with being a day early with (a) Snappers Choice being a set schedule (b) re-edits being (y) during the crisis.
The point is to get your camera out at some point :)
Both are really good. I think like you, the banana is my favourite, but I do also like the colour in the apple shot.

Hi Joan
The reflections are great on both Photos and the blue background is more consistant on the apple shot. I think I prefer the Banana image as my Grandad used to buy ready sliced bananas. I do know how he did it.

Very nice and very clever. I like both - but the apple pips it for me (sorry...) just. The colours work beautifully, and I am still trying to work out how this was achieved.

Both very clever shots Joan. I do like the apple as the colour works really well on the background.

Back