Scots_quine's 52 Challenge for 2020 - Week 52 added

Thank you all. You can't go wrong with a bit of C&W! Or at least the old style C&W!

Not my first choice of subject but was starting to panic a bit about the technique. ……...

Its works for technique Joan

But I agree with Dave its a tad fussy IMO
I'd certainly clone out the lower "fuzz"

Still another 4 weeks for the tech Joan, and as we've let @Dave70D off on his technique this week, @Cobra can be nice to us for the tech over the next few weeks (I hope!).
But as said, works for the tech and quite moody. Not often you see silhouettes against a dark sky, so :) for pulling that off.
I *think* I agree with the comments about cloning out the twigs at the bottom, but only *think* as they don't actually bother me.

Good effort, I agree about trying to get the technique in, I was pleased to manage it last week, I ended up with a shot I would never have chosen, though. guess that is part of the reason for me taking part in the challenge.

I like it Joan I think the foliage frames the shot nicely.

, @Cobra can be nice to us for the tech over the next few weeks
I'm not totally sure those two words go together do they?
:p

I quite like the twigs at the bottom, well done for getting the technique in

Week 6 - WILD (weather)

Just a bit of fun as I could not be bothered to go down to the sea which was what I was planning to do today!

Week 06 - WILD-N5B_4192-sm.jpg

And this was Take 2!
N5B_4381.jpg

Last edited:
Cleverly done and well cut out/in. From what I've seen of the weather forecast, looks like it matches the UK's current weather nicely...

Good idea for the theme and definitely a good idea to stay dry! Love the colour accent in the b&w.

Great shot for wild, suer idea and bang on theme.

Very clever Joan (y)

Clever stuff, great idea for the theme.

Good stuff. No2 I think for me :)

I can't pick between the two really. Both are good and imaginative.

Week 7 - Broken
Week 07 - BROKEN -N5B_4397.jpg

As in - Rules are meant to be broken!

Had to get this one in quick as I'm sure some of you will have had the same idea!! I've rotated this every which way and I'm still not that sure I've got it right!

Last edited:
Very clever and well taken processed. I like this.

LOVE your wild shot!

Great idea on breaking rules. I'm not clever enough to have thought of that. I think I like the first version most. It looks suspended. Is it on a yellow background or have you cut it out in photoshop?

Like the wild image no. 2 Joan and I think you have upset his master (Cobra) with your interpretation of broken, but it is spot on the theme :) and you got away with it (no donut)
Lateral thinking is a good thing, might have to try it sometime :giggle:

Hi Joan,
Great start to your 52 this year.
Local is a nice shot. A pleasing letterbox crop with the person off to the side. Great composition.
Pleasure is a goof fun shot. Works perfectly and I bet it was enjoyable to get all the wrappers emptied for the shot :)
Tools is a good shot too and I have learnt something today - thank you.
I am not familiar with the song but your triptych is excellent. Well processed.
Not so keen on the snappers choice. It doesn't really work for me as an image. Sorry. It works perfectly as a silhouette though.
They're a great pair of fun shots for Wild. Very well done with the processing and the colour pop works well.
I really like your take on broken. Brilliant thinking outside of the box and a very creative shot. :clap:

Nice ruler shot. I usd to have one of these - inherited from my Grandad who was a painter and decorater :)

The first one for me, it feels a bit more natural (if a ruler can be natural).

Back