Scots_quine's 52 Challenge for 2020 - Week 52 added

Nice colours, detail and reflection. The missing bits in the second line of music are a bit distracting though.

As others have said stung image for Music great subtle colours and tones.

I love your colourful shot. Crochet hooks have obviously moved on since my last attempt - probably in the 70s! I like the symmetry and that you haven't placed them all in or all out. I expect the reflective surfaces were a challenge.

I love your colourful shot. Crochet hooks have obviously moved on since my last attempt - probably in the 70s! I like the symmetry and that you haven't placed them all in or all out. I expect the reflective surfaces were a challenge.

I've taught myself to crochet this year so lockdown has given me the time to do it. Have done 3 lap blankets so far and have just started a single blanket!

That works really well. I'm forever finding these things - usually when I sit down! :dummy:

As others have said very well laid out Joan, it works well against the black background.

Music
A good bit of creativity.

Colourful
Nicely composed, I like the 12, 3, 6 and 9 hooks being turned out.

Good idea for the colour shot Joan and well done on the blankets. My lockdown learn has been tapestry crochet and brioche knitting... so far. There may be more! It certainly fills the evenings and stops me from picking up a wine glass too often ;)

Lovely idea and very well laid out Joan. I would have spent ages moving them about by the smallest amount and still would have ended up with a big gap between two of them!

Old
For me it shows 'old' pretty well, I'd thought about doing something similar myself.

Have to agree with Tim, the swirly bit top left, tends to draw my eyes away from the subject.
Good Idea for the theme though.

Hi Joan

Nice colours and tecture to the objects, I'm guessing it is Banana, Apple and maybe an Avocardo. Not keen on the background.

Pete

Old works for me I like the textures and tones but it's put me off my dinner!

Lovely image for old, really grabs your attention, well done :)

Some clever editing there Joan I like both versions but I think the colour one just edges it for me it stands out more from the screen.

That's a really creative image Joan - nicely processed. Definitely prefer the mono version.. the background works better.

Very creative Joan.
B&W for me too.

Liquid
Interesting, it's a good composition and works pretty well. I'd go for the b&w myself, the colour version is a little too much for me.

Comment catch up for me... Your old fruit are wonderfully horrible (if that makes sense...) But I'd tend to agree about the background. Definitely the B&W for your liquify shot - very creative and nicely composed.

Last edited:
Back