Scots_quine's 52 Challenge for 2020 - Week 52 added

Looking forward to it Dave. Have managed to 'persuade' a couple of my friends to join in so t'will be even better!

Will it be easier or harder?
I'll be keeping you (all) on your toes.
Lulling you all into a false sense of security with easy ones, and then BAM ;)

I like the light on that beautiful building Joan and the person adds an extra dimension.

Nice image, good use of the person on the bench and it's nice that you've put them off centre. Nice light too, and an interesting pineapple!

Great to have you for another year and an excellent start to your second 52 Challenge.

:clap:
Love the shot with the trees on either side as framing to focus the view to the centre main subjects. The letterbox crop suits the background building perfectly and the bonus is the added human touch in the foreground.

:clap:

Wonderful image Joan!:clap:
Expertly composed, clever cropping, with terrific colours and a great sky too!
Couldn't fault it, even if I wanted to...which I don't!!:giggle:
Superb start to the challenge Joan, really looking forward to some more gems from you over the coming weeks/months!

So that's a selfie is it Joan? :)
How did you do it? Tripod, 10 second timer and run, or Tripod and mobile phone trigger?
As Jim say's you caught some nice light, and as others have said, good effective use of the letterbox crop (y)

Off to a good start Joan.
Fascinating old building, I was trying t work out what the pineapple is, is it a folly?

Interesting old building , I agree the letterbox crop suits it

I like that, the person in the frame makes it all the more interesting, nice start :)

Nice composition - off to a good start :)

Great composition with the person in the foreground and the pineapple building in the back!

It is a stone folly built in the late 1700s when pineapple growing was still a black art - although the pineapple was/is a symbol of good luck. Currently belongs to the NT and the buildings underneath and to the side can be rented in the summer. The stonework is fabulous and has been designed in such a way that water doesn't lie in any of the crevices and cause frost damage. They sure knew how to build back then.

Very nice image Joan I like the fact that you've included yourself in the image taking in the local interest.

Blimey that was quick Joan.
Bang on theme too (y)

Two nice pix!

I thin k I recognise that Pineapple - where is it?

Nice and colourful, bang on theme and decent sweets too (we've a couple of boxes of those we've been working through since Christmas :) ).
Quite shallow DoF, which I don't think it needed to be, but that's purely an artistic choice and doesn't hurt it either.
Gratz on getting week2 in first !

Great image for pleasure, plenty of interest and colour.

Tucking in to a couple of those myself this evening definitely a pleasure, very colourfull.

local. Really like this image, very interesting composition, really makes this image.

Pleasure. Great colours in this image and as a diabetic they are certainly a guilty pleasure for me too!

Last edited:
Pleasure: That was quick off the mark! Nice colourful image perfect for the theme

Got the theme bang on there Joan, in fact I was going to do the same thing more or less with Roses, but mine have not been eaten yet ;) looks like I will have to think of something else.... maybe beer :beer:

Lovely and colourful and works well for the theme. That's about all that remains of ours too!

Can't argue with the theme here, nice colours too. I can feel the temptation coming on...

Back