Scots_quine's 52 Challenge for 2020 - Week 52 added

I was lucky enough to get home to the UK in mid November for a course with work - just in time to get loaded up on proper chocolate (and custard and stock and Christmas pudding and a few other bits and pieces you can't get in America!) Hot the theme spot on!

uuuuummmm Chocolate
I like it, it's a good arrangement of colours and textures.

Right on theme for pleasure, good composition and vibrant colours!

Nice old and new take on the theme :)

The old and new works, but the composition doesn't quite do it for me I'm afraid. I'd want either all the front wheels, or all the grass-box in the shot - with them both being cut off (fits the theme I guess!) it just doesn't quite look complete to me... The angle and everything else about the shot work well, but the framing is just a bit too tight for me.

Hi Joan, I love the colourful new and the rusty old.

Week 04 - Discard(ed)

Anyone who is a Patsy Cline fan will get this one straight away - Three Cigarettes in an Ashtray - a song of love and heartbreak...………...

Week 04 - DISCARD.jpg

Last edited:
A triptych, I like triptychs! Tells the story very well and I like the processing. Spot on theme and different.

Definitely a good twist on the 'Tools' theme to include old and new tools for the same job, Joan, and it works well. Just one or the other on its own wouldn't have been as interesting!

And I'm here in time for Discarded too :) I don't think I know the song but that's a clever idea well executed, and you don't need to know the song to see the story. Great idea for the theme and I doubt we'll see anything similar this week :clap:

Patsy Cline fan will get this one straight away
That's not one of hers that I am familiar with, Crazy I know ( sorry :coat: )

But even without knowing, its a bang on theme triptych .

No @daveferguson. I just knocked this one up in the space of an hour this morning! Never thought about doing it for a song title. I was intending today to take a walk along the banks of the Forth to find the ubiquitous lone trainer but it was raining and I wimped out!

The triptych works well for the theme and having now heard the song I get that too but it worked anyway.

Some serious thinking around the theme - well done. I can almost smell that ashtray! I like the processing which suits the mood of the story.

I like the use of a triptych and the mono treatment Joan. It's not an idea that I'd thought would come up in this week's offerings.

Great photo, love the triptych and B&W processing!

I like that. I like the idea (although I don't know the song, I had to look it up) and the processing.

I really like your triptych for Discarded the processing is very nice and works so well.

Love it, and yes I do know the song, mum was a mad PC fan it was covered by Kd Lang in later years too. I love your whole story telling collage, it works for me on so many levels.

Great shot for the discarded theme, well taken :)

Back