Scots_quine's 52 Challenge for 2020 - Week 52 added

Not sure if this is a 'nice' image or not (in the nicest possible way). it is clearly personal. I like the idea and the way it''s processed though.

Fab pic of the pic halves. An interesting story there too I suspect!

I like the processing and composition as others have said it tells a story but leaves the viewer to complete that story in many ways I like it.

Thank you all. Yes, there is a story there and I'm glad you all saw it. Did wonder if it was perhaps 'too personal' but had no other ideas so just ran with it!

Week 30 - Graceful
Week 30 - Graceful -N5B_7604.jpg

The whippet racing started again 2 weeks ago and it is my only outing in a week - a couple of hours in the fresh air sitting at the side of the track. Who could wish for more.

A lovely looking hound - and nicely captured!

Personal: A powerful story telling image. Well photographed and processed.
Graceful: That's great Joan and really well timed.

Last edited:
A floating dog! Really well captured Joan.. and beautifully sharp.

Well captured mid flight Joan.
They are quite graceful aren't they.
ALMOST as graceful as my ( no longer with me for some time) Saluki x greyhound.
Nice dog but as a sight hound, I think I should have taken it to specsavers :D

Super capture for graceful, love that..

Week 31 - Static

Some old farm machinery in the same field as the wwhippets. Doesn't look as though it has moved in quite a while!!!!!

Week 31 - Static - N5B_8206-1.jpg

Graceful - great timing to catch in flight
Static - lovely contrast of the feathery grasses against the old machinery.

Whatever it was - it ain;t going anywhere. *TICK! :)

Nice find for Static Joan and I reckon it may well be static for a while longer yet.

Hi Joan

Personal, very for you I feel.

Graceful, very quick and graceful dogs when they are running.

Static, farmers seem to be good at growing Static machinery, bet he has something nice and shiny tucked away.

Pete

Static, I feel as bit of duck tape and WD40 and it'll be as good as new (y)

Nice find Joan :)

Amazing how much farm machinery just gets left. Well spotted and nicely framed.

Graceful - An excellent shot, all four legs off teh ground like that, sharp with just a suggestion of motion blur in the front paw. Very nicely done :)
Static - Nature does take over quite quickly doesn't it. Quite a strong vignette, what is it hiding? ;)

Static
I'm surprised farmers make any money, they do seem to leave a lot of their stuff rotting away in fields

I thought it was some sort of weaving, but I see it's clocks (I think). Can you give us clue how it's done.
It is very eye catching and it makes an excellent pattern.

Pattern
That's some freaky looking photo. It took me a little while to understand what I was looking at. But you've ended up with a rather interesting image.

I thought it was some sort of weaving, but I see it's clocks (I think). Can you give us clue how it's done.
It is very eye catching and it makes an excellent pattern.
It is a clock face put through a spiralizing software.

Back