Wild Scottish Pine Martin

Name
Mark Molloy
Edit My Images
Yes
This guy only obliged us just the once whilst there was a little light to photograph him.He mostly came out after 11pm and around 4am as shown by the trail cam.This was taken on the last night of my trip so was happy to get anything at all of him.

Pine Martin by Mark Molloy, on Flickr

Well done on getting him, I've heard of some having experiences of them coming into gardens to feed on jam sandwiches (I think) but you have a much better environmental setting here :)

Looks excellent on Flickr but it also has a wee blue tinge to is as per your GSW shot. Need to tweek the WB a bit.

Great to have seen this in the wild tho. I've only ever seen two for the briefest of moments, there's not so many of them across here on the east coast but we do have some.

Love the pose and the setting Mark. Brian is right about the blue tinge.

@Matt another one that has lost IQ between flickr and here.

Love the pose and the setting Mark. Brian is right about the blue tinge.

@Matt another one that has lost IQ between flickr and here.
Cheers Mate. This was me squeaking him to get him to turn his head round my direction. Not an easy shot given the dark background which shows up all noise when shooting high ISO.

Good thing about them is you can just put them on over your t shirt. I think they do matching mittens for the fashion conscious.

Likely get that mate as the midge is a terrifying little creature when he has his friends around.
I took mine to Uist mate, didn`t need it because it was windy,rainy,grey,cold and generally crap weather. I can`t weigh up if the crap weather made up for the lack of midges...............:D

Yeah Ade the weather can help with midges but play havoc with with the camera.we got ate alive most days even with the weather being crap as we were set up on the edge of the Forrest. I have been in the phone to Rich( aka Lost) as he is currently at the same place so hoping he gets better weather and better light than I got.

noted

Back