sea defences at felixstowe

Name
paul
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi, first of all i'll like to thank Neil on here for his first rate help in parking and good locations including the sea defences which has been on my bucket list. So heres my attempt, which didnt help by the sun blazing just at the wrong time of day, after a grey dull start. The town is beautiful and gonna to return now i know my way round.

image by woody174, on Flickr

I like this a lot Woody.
The curve of the defenses really pulls the viewer into the scene.
It's a place I keep meaning to visit but never get around to!

I agree with the above comments Great shot

Good effort Paul, the curve of the defences leads you nicely. Good conversion too.

Was down there last evening just for a walk about as my last job was in Felixstowe. Light was lovely, but the tide was out, and boy those things are ugly when they're fully on show!.

I think this shot won 'Landscape Photographer Of The Year 2013' or was chosen for the cover shot, something like that anyway. My memory is not what it was!
take-a-view.png

Above picture, photgrapher Justin Minns, Who beleive is a member on here.

Last edited:
Thanks all for the comments, that shot by Justin is breathtaking. Nice to know the long trek was worth it.

Thanks Alf, thanks Neil for the info, lovely place to have grown up.

Stunning! I actually prefer your photograph to the one that won the competition, only my opinion of course and no criticism of the other one. I'm no expert but it just ticks my boxes. Well done!

Thanks for the comments guys, glad I did it justice. Not sure if I'm on the same level as Justin, he's take is on another level

Back