Sea Pup Waving Hello

Name
Martin
Edit My Images
No
Hello,

The other day was my first visit of the year to Donna Nook nature reserve to photograph the seals. Bit too early as most were still out away from the fence but there was a few close to the fence line like this one I capture who loved the cameras. This was probably one of my favourite photos from that day.

Hi Everyone by Martin Fuge, on Flickr

Nicely caught, and in good light too Martin.
I went in Dec last year and it was bitterly cold.
Whats the current situation with car parking and costs?

Nice one, better than any I got yesterday, all the Pups I shot were covered in wet sand!!

Paul, parking was easy in the week, cost is £4, the Farmer must be making a fortune, it was £1 last time I went 3 or 4 years ago

Paul

Nicely caught, and in good light too Martin.
I went in Dec last year and it was bitterly cold.
Whats the current situation with car parking and costs?

Thanks Paul. Light was a little tricky at some locations with shadows when close to the fence.

As Paul says it's £4 and all parking is directed to the field. I think the other car park may only be for disabled but I am not 100% sure on that. Trouble is now the farmers field is the car park that single track road gets so busy it can be a little bit of a nightmare and need to keep eyes out for speeding vehicles.

Nice one, better than any I got yesterday, all the Pups I shot were covered in wet sand!!

Paul, parking was easy in the week, cost is £4, the Farmer must be making a fortune, it was £1 last time I went 3 or 4 years ago

Paul

Thanks Paul.

I agree with what you say about the farmer making a fortune out of the parking. I can't understand why they have put it up £3. Maybe £2 or £2.50 but £4 is a little bit greedy.

Went 3 weeks ago £4 went again Sunday (18th) was now £5 Andy. P.S nice picture

Last edited:
Went 3 weeks ago £4 went again Sunday (18th) was now £5 Andy. P.S nice picture

Thanks Andy. I went back on the 18th too and was annoyed when I saw it say £5 and when I asked the woman she said it's £4 Monday to Friday £5 weekends. That just proves they are ripping us off and all a money making scam as it's busier on the weekends. Now I don't mind paying one price for any day of the week as it is nice of the farmer to let us use his field, and now the main car park is for blue badge holders more will use the field. It's how they target us during the busier time. I learnt my lesson if I go back next year, only go weekdays :)

I wonder if you guys will be the farmers biggest earner this year,sort of feel for both parties here. If it's a massive gurt farm I'd feel ripped off,maybe not for a small enterprise not an easy way to make a crust. !! But i'd also naturally be saying sod it for paying to park,unless the seals were getting something of that money

Martin my apologies mate reading and replying instead of your image first:oops: :$ love it kiddo tis a fabulous frame a real humour to it . Maybe more could be had by slightly pulling back the hilights,post ain't my thing Martin the brghts feel a tad bright to me ??? I also would like a bit more space by the head RHS if you have it

It's properly lovely bro,I'm nit picking:D

stu

Back