Seafire XVII SX336 Air to Air

Lovely air to air shots.........lucky man but do please tell how did you get that gig?

Lovely set where you in the back of the two seat spit ?

Hi guys. Thanks for the kind words. Unfortunately, they weren't taken from a Spitfire, but the open side door of a Cessna Caravan! The flight was arranged by a Dutch acquaintance.

Hi Lloyd. Thanks for your comments. It certainly felt like a privilege sharing airspace with such a beautiful aeroplane,

(Not Ade!)

Hi

I have just revisited my Seafire images, and have decided that this one is probably my favourite. (A little sunshine would have been nice!)

Thanks for looking.

Cracking photos and what an opportunity to photograph the Seafire air-to-air. I don't know if the sun would have made the slightest improvement to your photos other than better contrast on the ground below.
In the last picture the Seafire really stands out against the blue grey cloud and with the tilt of the wings makes it an iconic photo of the aircraft. Brilliant!

Thanks very much for taking the time to reply, vanilla and Derek_W. I'm really pleased you like the images. I'm not sure how the final image escaped my attention first time, but I agree that it is the best of the bunch. It was hand held at 1/60s in Shutter Priority with the VR switched on on an AF-S 24-120mm f/4G attached to my D610.

Thanks again.

My dad was in the Fleet Air Arm and flew the Seafire III. I have his flying log and it indicates 45 hours solo flying time. He qualified for deck landing etc. Luckily he missed out on the far east campaigns and, later, Korea when he was in the reserve, having completed training in October 1945. His pilot training only happened after he had already trained as an air gunner in Swordfish and the like. I have his observers and air gunners training log as well.

I watched a youtube video of this plane and it sounds awesome great shots.....:)

Lovely shots well done , I have a friend who is a great aerial artist, if you would like any put to canvas I'm sure he would love to oblige.

I watched a youtube video of this plane and it sounds awesome great shots.....:)

Thanks mate. I am a Merlin fan, but the Griffon on this baby sounded fantastic!

Lovely shots well done , I have a friend who is a great aerial artist, if you would like any put to canvas I'm sure he would love to oblige.

Thanks mate. I will PM you about your friend.

me a merlin man to but same as you when I heard that it sound great.

Back