Seal Pup at St Abbs

Edit My Images
Yes
I took this photo on a New Year's Eve walk at St Abbs. It was a cold blustery day with awful light and this was my only real "keeper" of the day.

I was very wary of getting too close and frightening this little pup. Sat right next to the path however he/ she didn't seem anxious or bothered by anyone however. Se I got as close as I could and got this one shot. Then left the pup to it.

Critique please!!!!...Id say the focus could have been a little better... my big learning curve was I should have shot in live view... but I was new to the camera and had never really used live view before for shooting. I just didn't even think about it! That way it have been able to focus with a touch of the screen... as all I did was set it to f11 and manual focus a few m ahead knowing I prob had enough DOF... my camera position was too low to look through the viewfinder unless id lain down on the wet grass. I didn't want to trouble the pup though phaffing about.

Seal Pup at St Abbs by Captures.In.Time, on Flickr

new years eve - i thought the seals would have migrated away at that time of the year?
are they there all year round ?

new years eve - i thought the seals would have migrated away at that time of the year?
are they there all year round ?

I've not been there enough to know. I'd say though they must stay there all year as there was signs up over the Nature reserve saying to be aware of them... and they seemed quite settled with a good number on one of the beaches

thanks for the info
we have just bought a new static caravan at cockburns path
so looking for places and things to photograph around that area

Back