Sealed Knot reenactment.

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
Pointing a camera at people is something I find quite difficult to do. Knowing there would be other togs there I didn't feel too uneasy. Quite liked this shot of re-enactor.
Battle of Ledbury by Paul, on Flickr

Last edited:
Nice capture, suits the mono treatment :)

Don't be shy go and speak to them. I photographed the re-enactors at the Battle of Tewkesbury in the past. The first time I was with another club members who had attended previously years. He brought with him 4-5 photos (about 7 by 5) which he had taken the previous year. He found the various groups in the tented area an hour or so before the start. The various groups were from Germany, Sweden and the UK. Those that were given photos were thrilled and the goodwill created rapidly spread. We had an excellent time taking photos with many different poses and set ups at our request. Since then I have made a point of supplying photographs at other re-enactments over the years.

I like the photo by the way and I am sure the bearded guy would be pleased to receive a copy.

Dave

I don't know why I find it so hard to take photo's of people. It takes me a while to get going to actually take a shot of someone. I have had some good feedback from other reenactment events I have done from people either in the shot or who simply like the photo and have happily let people have copies if requested, same at comic-cons the problem is still there, even after good feedback at the event.

Last edited:
I don't know why I find it so hard to take photo's of people. It takes me a while to get going to actually take a shot of someone. I have had some good feedback from other reenactment events I have done from people either in the shot or who simply like the photo and have happily let people have copies if requested, same at comic-cons and the problem is still there even after good feedback at the event.

I certainly wouldn't worry at this type of event, the participants will expect to be photographed.
When 'out in the street' it can be more challenging but being selective can ease the strain until you gain some confidence. :)

Back