weekly Seaodyssey's 52 for 2019 Week 51 Chrissmasy & Wk52 Outtake

Hot off the Press for this week Dull.

Wk 39 Dull by Peter, on Flickr

Dull brown leaves on a broken branch of a tree, just before it rained again.
Please check on Flickr as it (to Me) appears to be over exposed a bit on here, but is better on Flickr.
Perhaps I have my eyes set to auto ISO and exposure compensation set.

Pete

Last edited:
Dull
It looks a little busy, a bit closer, with some isolation, I feel would help.

:agree: it looks over sharpened too but can't disagree the leaves are dull

Back from My Hols and Have the Snappers Choice and Near Images ready

Snappers Choice
Corfu Pool2 by Peter, on Flickr
I have another version looking straight onto the pool, but I feel its not such a pleasing Image.

For my Near I went to a an event at Wellsboure to take photos of a Avro Vulcan V Bomber XM655

Near Avro Vulcan by Peter, on Flickr

Pete

Not sure Pete. Even looking at flickr there is too much vibrancy in the leaves for this to fit Dull as a theme.
Hi Tim, I went for Dull as in "Not Shiny" Perhaps titled "Dry Dull Leaves" would have described them better.

Thanks for your comments.

Pete

It does appear better on flickr, looks a tad over shaprened, maybe lost something in upload.

A subject I didn't immediately connect with theme wise. I would consider getting in a bit closer concentrating on fewer leaves.
Dull
It looks a little busy, a bit closer, with some isolation, I feel would help.

I did try a closer crop, but I liked the bright blue sky contrasting with the dull leaves better.

Pete

Snappers Choice and Near are both really good images. I really like the composition on snappers choice, well balanced. The exposure etc on near is very good.

Near is my shoehorn of the week and a superb photo :)

Near is my shoehorn of the week and a superb photo :)
You mean I beat Dave70D, however according to your definition it was not a shoehorn :), it's the nearest I have ever been to a Valcan and I took it and others for the theme as I just happened to be there;););)

You mean I beat Dave70D, however according to your definition it was not a shoehorn :), it's the nearest I have ever been to a Valcan and I took it and others for the theme as I just happened to be there;););)

Beltin' :D

Near - that's a great picture, especially because its at night, & a great plane!

Back from My Hols and Have the Snappers Choice and Near Images ready

I just love these. The reflection is perfect and the lighting for the Vulcan is just amazing.

Snappers Choice
Corfu Pool2 by Peter, on Flickr
I have another version looking straight onto the pool, but I feel its not such a pleasing Image.

For my Near I went to a an event at Wellsboure to take photos of a Avro Vulcan V Bomber XM655

Near Avro Vulcan by Peter, on Flickr

Pete

I love both of these Pete :) The vibrancy and perfect reflections in your Snappers Choice shot are fantastic, it puts me i mind of of Pink Floyd album covers (thinking a cross between Wish you were here and Ummagumma).
The Vulcan though, just brilliant. Loving the lighting, the starbursts, the deep black and of course the bird herself (y)

I really like the Snapper's shot. Great reflection!!
Near - Cracking shot, too. Maybe the wing on the left is a touch too near the edge but …. hair-splitting really.

Absolutely stunning images Pete!:clap:

Snappers Choice: Wow! Great reflections and colours...amazing!
Near: Is it a shoehorn? I would say you are pretty near to that spectacular aircraft, so it's fine by me! ;)
Superbly shot image, great lighting with excellent details! Faultless!

Wk 42 Song Title

Just a quick snap for this week.

Autumn Leaves by Peter, on Flickr

Autumn Leaves by Nat King Cole, Eva Cassidy, Frank Sinatra, Natelie Cole, Eric Clapton Etc Etc.

Pete

Near - that's a great picture, especially because its at night, & a great plane!

Shame we don't make them like that anymore, also the Harrier. Now we get the V35, which needs frequent reboots acording to the fighter pilot program on the telly a few weeks back, you could not make it up, it must use MS Windows on its computers.

I love both of these Pete :) The vibrancy and perfect reflections in your Snappers Choice shot are fantastic, it puts me i mind of of Pink Floyd album covers (thinking a cross between Wish you were here and Ummagumma).
The Vulcan though, just brilliant. Loving the lighting, the starbursts, the deep black and of course the bird herself (y)

Thanks Tim

I really like the Snapper's shot. Great reflection!!

And I was just laying there!

Near - Cracking shot, too. Maybe the wing on the left is a touch too near the edge but …. hair-splitting really.

Yes, A bit close, but it was dark and impossible to see in the view finder and the liveview on the D800 is not the best.

What a cracker of a reflection shot. Bright, clean and perfect mirror-image.

I can't relate the bomber with the Near theme but nevertheless it's a great image and the dark background helps to focus attention on the plane itself.

I was near to the Vulcan, cant say more than that.
Absolutely stunning images Pete!:clap:

Snappers Choice: Wow! Great reflections and colours...amazing!
Near: Is it a shoehorn? I would say you are pretty near to that spectacular aircraft, so it's fine by me! ;)
Superbly shot image, great lighting with excellent details! Faultless!

Thanks for your Kind words Gareth.

Super shot Pete!(y)
Great balance of colours, and a strong composition...not too shabby at all for a quick snap!

Thank you Gareth again.

Hi Pete,
I like the shot for dull but echo so other comments regarding the colour.
Free - A nice vibrant shot of what looks like a very nice place.
Near - I love the Vulcan. This a great shot for me. Night really makes it.
Song - I've not heard that one which is surprising looking at who has recorded it. Nice shot with perfect autumnal colour.

Wk 43 Borrowed & Technique LOT

Only thing I ever borrow is books from the local library, so here it is.
The book is delibery the wrong way up to show its not mine and the cup of tea is on line of thirds.
It was a quick shot as both myself and the wife have the flu and I could not be arsed to do mote to be honest.
Wk 43 Library Book by Peter, on Flickr

PS the most important thing is the cup of tea
Pete.

Last edited:
Get well soon Pete!:)
Great image with very nicely composed elements.
Not sure why placing the book upside down implies it's borrowed, but no matter I still like it....definitely keeps you looking.
For a 'couldn't-be-arsed' shot, it's pretty bloody good!!:giggle:

Borrowed
Good little set up. Obviously the tea is the most important bit.

Back