weekly Seaodyssey's 52 for 2019 Week 51 Chrissmasy & Wk52 Outtake

Hi Pete,
Squashed - Great fun shot for the theme and I love the story behind his name. I've never managed to win anything on those machines!
Time - A very good interpretation for the theme. I rather like the crop and composition.
Full - Another great bit of thinking and a nice shot to boot. Hmmm, I seem to be feeling hungry now!
Drink - I like the coffee sign. I find the quote marks interesting too...
Dirty - Well thought! Perfect fit and a great use of colour pop too.

Dirty is a really nice image. Very well thought out, plenty of interest and the colour pop looks great.

Hi Pete,
Squashed - Great fun shot for the theme and I love the story behind his name. I've never managed to win anything on those machines!
Time - A very good interpretation for the theme. I rather like the crop and composition.
Full - Another great bit of thinking and a nice shot to boot. Hmmm, I seem to be feeling hungry now!
Drink - I like the coffee sign. I find the quote marks interesting too...
Dirty - Well thought! Perfect fit and a great use of colour pop too.
Very clever use of the colour pop technique Pete, works very well with your chosen subject for the theme this week too.
Smashing!(y)
Dirty is a really nice image. Very well thought out, plenty of interest and the colour pop looks great.
That is an ideal subject for the colour pop technique, nice and vibrant. I like it.
works well a good idea to include all your dance dvds of course they are the wifes :whistle:
Dirty with the colour pop looks great, well composed and executed

Thank you all for taking the time to look and comment, it is much appreciated.

Pete

Nice work Pete, two very good images from you!(y)

Wide: 12mm is wide indeed! Nice image with a great sky!
Closed: Very nice indeed, especially the grain textures - works very well as a mono, fit's the theme well and the colour pop sends the message home nicely!

Wide
It is wide open, so fits the theme and the sky looks nice too.

Closed
Very sharp and great detail in the wood. The colour poppy thing is actually not bad, probably because it's nice and subtle.

Wide, works well, nice sky too and a good perspective.
closed, selective colour works ok here, I like the square crop.

Thank you Michael, The sky was what prompted me to take the photo, it was too good to miss.

Nice work Pete, two very good images from you!(y)

Wide: 12mm is wide indeed! Nice image with a great sky!
Closed: Very nice indeed, especially the grain textures - works very well as a mono, fit's the theme well and the colour pop sends the message home nicely!

Thanks Gareth
Its a Sigma 12-24 zoom lens, have to be carefull with your feet. It is the oldest lens I have as I used on it my first DSLR a Nikon D70.

Two good images for the theme nice use of the colour pop thing for closed

Thank you Allan, the wood and the lock where very close in colour, so to high light the closed bit I turned the wood to B&W. I think the colour on the lock is a reflection from the bricks next to the shed, the lock is stainless.

Two nice shots, Pete. Like the processing of the Wide theme and the brownish cast.
A good image for the Selective Colouring technique. Lovely texture in the wood panel and a touch of rust in the padlock.

Thanks for your comments Stan.
Wide
It is wide open, so fits the theme and the sky looks nice too.

Closed
Very sharp and great detail in the wood. The colour poppy thing is actually not bad, probably because it's nice and subtle.

Thanks Dominic, the sky was very nice at the time. Both Images where taken more or less at the same time and only yards apart.

Thank you all for your kind comments.

Pete

Hi Pete,

I like wide for how very wide angle it is! Is that with a Sigma 12-24?

Closed is great for the theme and I love the grain and subtle selective colour. Very nice :)

Hi Pete,

I like wide for how very wide angle it is! Is that with a Sigma 12-24?

Closed is great for the theme and I love the grain and subtle selective colour. Very nice :)

Hi Lee, Yes it is a Sigma 12-24, thanks for your comments.

Pete

Both nice shots Pete, the padlock really suits the colour pop. Might of tried to darken the timber but that’s just my preference

Nice colour pop - just needs a bit more light and some shadow detail :)

Excellent, crisp, detailed image of a beautiful machine Pete!:clap:
The second (lighter) version is much better, and it really pops....not least due to your excellent selective colour treatment, but the curves of the car really work well with the brick weave too.

Excellent, crisp, detailed image of a beautiful machine Pete!:clap:
The second (lighter) version is much better, and it really pops....not least due to your excellent selective colour treatment, but the curves of the car really work well with the brick weave too.
Thanks Gareth, and it pasted its MOT just now, unfortunatly the Tax bill has popped through the door.

Glad you are on the road to recovery from your Man Flu. I had a bad dose earlier this year, took months to get rid of the annoying cough.

Pete

Two great images Pete!(y)

Life: Lovely bit of pp tilty-shiftiness! Love that miniaturization effect, it really does draw the eye to the focal point, ie. the 'life' in the scene - well done!
Interior: Really nicely controlled exposure and crisply composed with great colours - very nice indeed!

Hi Pete,

Interior - I guess it's probably right, but feels a little warm to me.

Life - I do like a bit of TS and this works nicely wit the effect. I'm going to ask if this isn't perhaps a little warm too?

Free Week - The colour pop version for me. The edit to raise the shadows and add light really helps imo.

Closed - Nice, simple, to the point and good use of the technique. :)

Wide - I wouldn't have realised it was the wide end of a wide lens, any distortion is well controlled. Works for the theme with the door wide open though ;) Perhaps another where lifting the shadows might add something?

Dirty - Bang on for the theme and use of the technique. Liking the composition too, with the scattered look.

Drink - #1 for me. The 1664 seems slightly oof to me whereas #1 is bang on and has some interesting angles.

Loved the Interior shot but for the life of me can't give a reason - I just like it!!

The tilt shift thing doesn’t really work for me it’s the wrong angle if you know what I mean, interior though is a pleasant enough shot though I would rather the people on the left were not cut off

A little catch up from me Pete...
I really like your second shot for Snappers Choice. They are wonderful little cars :) Great colour and detail. Leaving the lights on is a nice touch.
I didn't expect a miniature effect to work in a scene like that but it does. A nice shot of people going about their daily business.
Interior is a good shot too. Good composition but I too would like to see all of the people on the left.

Both very good images, the tilt shifty pp gives a nice look.
Interior, for some reason (and I don't know why) it looks like it's an open front restaurant, it's like you've shot of from outside. There's a good bit of life going on as well, so it also fits in with the previous theme.

Two great images Pete!(y)

Life: Lovely bit of pp tilty-shiftiness! Love that miniaturization effect, it really does draw the eye to the focal point, ie. the 'life' in the scene - well done!
Interior: Really nicely controlled exposure and crisply composed with great colours - very nice indeed!

Thanks Gareth

Hi Pete,

Interior - I guess it's probably right, but feels a little warm to me.

Life - I do like a bit of TS and this works nicely wit the effect. I'm going to ask if this isn't perhaps a little warm too?

Free Week - The colour pop version for me. The edit to raise the shadows and add light really helps imo.

Closed - Nice, simple, to the point and good use of the technique. :)

Wide - I wouldn't have realised it was the wide end of a wide lens, any distortion is well controlled. Works for the theme with the door wide open though ;) Perhaps another where lifting the shadows might add something?

Dirty - Bang on for the theme and use of the technique. Liking the composition too, with the scattered look.

Drink - #1 for me. The 1664 seems slightly oof to me whereas #1 is bang on and has some interesting angles.

Thanks Tim for Looking and giving comments, always constructive.
Interior was shot from outside, the doors (opened) and glass have that gold reflective tint to keep the heat out.

Life - The Tilt Shift article I was following from the Internet said to saturate the colours, which I did, so it does look warm, but it was a nice warm sunny day.

Wide - It shows just how good those Sigma Wide Angle zooms can be, help by an Adobe Lens Profile.

Loved the Interior shot but for the life of me can't give a reason - I just like it!!

Thanks Joan, glad you liked it.

Two good shots for the themes Pete, love the tilt shift shot for life.

Thanks Dave, much appreciated.

The tilt shift thing doesn’t really work for me it’s the wrong angle if you know what I mean, interior though is a pleasant enough shot though I would rather the people on the left were not cut off

Hi Allen, I do know what you mean, I was standing on a brench to get as much height as possible, I had to live with only 7'6" above ground level.

Two nice shots, Pete. What Tim said they seem to be on the warm side. Unusual for a street scene image in tilt & shift/miniature effect but it works.

Thanks Stan

A little catch up from me Pete...
I really like your second shot for Snappers Choice. They are wonderful little cars :) Great colour and detail. Leaving the lights on is a nice touch.
I didn't expect a miniature effect to work in a scene like that but it does. A nice shot of people going about their daily business.
Interior is a good shot too. Good composition but I too would like to see all of the people on the left.

Thanks Lee, I must admit I enjoy the Lotus, it's a great car to drive especially on twisty roads. The Interior shot was taken through open bifold type doors. I cropped the doors and frame out, I did keep as much of the people in as possible.

Both very good images, the tilt shifty pp gives a nice look.
Interior, for some reason (and I don't know why) it looks like it's an open front restaurant, it's like you've shot of from outside. There's a good bit of life going on as well, so it also fits in with the previous theme.

Bang on Dominic with your observations on the Interior shot.

Thank you all
Pete

Not often a street level pic works well for the tilt-shift effect. This one does!

And - well - PIZZAAAAAA!

After this weeks rain I went to check to see how full our PLASTIC water butt was and I was astonised to see that it was not completely full. Earlier this year I had cleaned out the Plastic guttering down pipe that feeds it and found that was full of dead leaves and bits of moss off the roof. I was a struggle to take all that apart, but I did it again, but only found a little bit of grit in the trap, but it must have been enough to divert the rainwater back down the pipe. So thinking ahead, I cut small amounts off the bits of the down pipe to make it easier to pull apart next time, So I give you 3 Plastic Rings, with the debris from the saw for detail.

Wk33 Plastic by Peter, on Flickr

Nice close up shot for Plastic, plenty of detail and the sharpness it really good.

Back