weekly Seaodyssey's 52 for 2019 Week 51 Chrissmasy & Wk52 Outtake

This is my week 1 entry - New in B&W
New Year New Diet

I did first of all think of New Moon and checked, it was early Sunday Morning and not visible where I was, far too much cloud, and again for Monday. I did see it on Tuesday but it disappeared behind some cloud by the time I got my camera out. I had also thought of New Twist, my idea was to twist some blue nylon rope together, but it was not very inspiring to look at.
My last ditched attempt was this. After the Xmas and New Year celebrations we all need to lose some weight, so a new diet is required. My Mrs ate the carrots I was going to include. I cropped in tight to improve it.
I don't think I will stick to this one for long.

Pete

I have tried to link the photo from Flickr, but its not working on the new forum. Any Ideas.

I have also tried to Attach my 1024x 666 352KB Image and it says it is too large to upload.

Last edited:
You're on the board Pete :)

New diets seem to be a bit of theme (me included) so why not start with that as your first entry.

Actually, seeing you'd suggested 'new twist' with the rope, that might have been pretty cool too with a nice close up of the textures

COPY LINK ADDRESS

I think I found the right one, I got the image up, and previewed it, but there was no way out, I had to post the Image again and then delete the reply.
Thanks for posting it on the Main thread as well. I will no doubt have fun and games next time.

You're on the board Pete :)

New diets seem to be a bit of theme (me included) so why not start with that as your first entry.

Actually, seeing you'd suggested 'new twist' with the rope, that might have been pretty cool too with a nice close up of the textures

Thanks Ian, that was my thinking, but I had no way of keeping the rope twisted, I had some thin stuff and I twisted 4 lenghts but being nylon they would not stay together when I let go to take the photo.

Good luck with your 2019 challenge and nothing like a new diet to kick start a "New" year, the image image works for the theme I do wonder if a better composition could of been found.
Hi Mandy,
No doubt a better composition could be found. What I had is a tightist crop of a worse compostion. I took the photo early this morning while making my packed lunch for work.

Thanks for your comments.
Pete

It certainly spells out new diet Pete.
Chris has updated the guides for the new forum software, hopefully that'll help for next week.

My critique would be that I'm not sure that you've for the right part of the shot in sharp focus. The apple, being the largest bit, draws teh eye, and it's not sharp.
However, that's week 1 done. Onwards and Upwards!

I would like the focus to be on the apple as that is where my eye is drawn, good choice for the theme though

For my wk2 Clean submission

Clean Car by Peter, on Flickr

After my Wife cleaned the car. (first time in years for her) it started to rain. Ps photo is also in B&W, it is a Black car, but the reflections where coloured.

Pete

Last edited:
Flipping New forum software, grrrrrrh

I managed to upload to this thread ok from flickr, but when I tried to do the same to the weekly main thread it refused to upload the file. So I copied the photo using the attach files box and i got a pesky little icon. But better than last week as Dave70D had to do it for me.

Pete

Interesting shot, suits mono. The drops add a nice touch. Curious about the reflection on the right… a fence and a tree/bush?

Welcome back, Pete, and you're up and running. I would probably have picked the apple to be the main point of focus as it seems to be the most prominent item but a New Year diet is spot on for the theme (y)

Hi Andrea

I think it was the colours of the apple that makes it look softer than it appears as the crispbread looks quite sharp which is right next to it., maybe I need to check the lens for marks.

Thanks for your comments.

Clean in mono goes very well Peter, good lighting and really like the rain drops on the hub.
Thanks for your valuable comments Dave. The image is of the front of the Car, No hubs where harmed.

Pete

Yes, I like. Well cropped to keep the shape without clipping the badge.

Interesting shot, suits mono. The drops add a nice touch. Curious about the reflection on the right… a fence and a tree/bush?
Hi Bob, most of the reflection is Trellis on top of a nearby fence, which has a rose on it. Thanks for your comments.

Pete

New year and a new diet, very apt for the theme. Nice composition and B&W suits the image too. The apple seems to be the only subject not in focus.
Hi Stan,

I think it was the colouring on the apple that makes it look soft, a pale red/yellow mottling

Thanks Pete

New is good for the theme, but wonder if it would have looked better in colour?
Clean is a a very nice image, the water drops make the shot as far as the theme goes. Nicely done.

Back