weekly Seaodyssey's 52 for 2019 Week 51 Chrissmasy & Wk52 Outtake

Looks fine to me captures the cold evening very well indeed

I like the way the light is hitting the trellis and causing bands across it. Really nice and COLD.

I think all the colours in your image make it look pretty damn cold to me, lighting is great and snow is white enough and like the lights in the BG.
A fine image for the theme. Liking how it is lit. A lot to look at in a good way.
Super shot. Spectacular light in the top left corner on the branches above the arch.
Love the warm colours, it doesn`t detract from the cold theme.
I like the mix of light and shadow in this one. its quite a busy image with lots to look at, but it meets the theme really well.
Yep that looks cold to me! Nice lighting and the shadows on the box on the left are very interesting.
Looks fine to me captures the cold evening very well indeed
Really like the lighting, perfect for the theme!
Excellent image Peter!
I think it really works well.
Wonderful light, and a real wintry feel.
I like it a lot!(y)
Works well for the theme, like the light colours
The layers of snow definitely makes me feel cold and the mixture of light sources adds interest through the frame.
I like the way the light is hitting the trellis and causing bands across it. Really nice and COLD.
Works for me.
I like how the sodium light looks like it's the sun creeping slowly into the sky on a cold winter's morning.

Thank you all for taking your time to look at my submissions and giving comments.

Pete

Hi Pete,

Distant - That works really well for me and suits the mono conversion perfectly.
Cold - I like the image. The foreground is full of all things cold. I find the streetlight (reflection of the Sun?) a tad distracting though.

Nice shot, and, as mentioned, well-timed.

On Flickr I noticed the slow shutter speed + wide aperture + high-ish ISO due to being indoors and that is a nightmare combination when there is movement. (I have had so many problems trying to shoot indoor volleyball, I can tell you!) So a good attempt to capture the dog licking its lips, but very difficult to get a sharp image.

Great timing.
Nice shot, and, as mentioned, well-timed.

On Flickr I noticed the slow shutter speed + wide aperture + high-ish ISO due to being indoors and that is a nightmare combination when there is movement. (I have had so many problems trying to shoot indoor volleyball, I can tell you!) So a good attempt to capture the dog licking its lips, but very difficult to get a sharp image.

I did have some earlier shots of him sitting still, but the tongue makes it worth a little bit of movement. He wanted his breakfast and had been sitting still for several minutes.

Pete

Another nice pooch pic! Pooches are popular this week :D

The tongue makes the image, I know the pain of indoor pet photos at this time of year. Good capture.

Nice capture, the tongue makes the shot :)

Waiting
Well behaved, the bowl is right there, with good in it. A good bit of timing having the tounge licking his lips.

Waiting, lovely shot Dudley has made me smile yet again. Perfect timing.

I don’t think he would want to wait much longer licking his lips like that :D
Very nice picture :)

My Week 7 Rough

Not had any spare time this week with having to help her indoors with the Garden and rebuilding a wooden herb trough and putting network data cables into the garage and going to work of course.
Here is my Rough. I had to crop a huge amount to give it some impact.
Rough2 by Peter, on Flickr

Pete

Last edited:
Hi Pete,

Interesting shot, what is it?

Roger

Bleeding hell Roger, that was quick off the mark.

It's an avacardo, but don't tell anybody else.........

Bleeding hell Roger, that was quick off the mark.

It's an avacardo, but don't tell anybody else.........

Got it, I like it, but will keep it between you and me!

Roger

Nice. Looks just like the one I was going to use for rough, in my case it was macro of a sanding disc. When I get home I’ll load it up to see the similarities

Interesting colours in it but you seem to have lost a lot of detail with the large crop

I would never guessed that it is an Avocado. Very good idea for the theme but as others have said, I think it looks kind of smooth rather than rough. Maybe a wider shot would show the roughness of the skin?

Back