weekly Seaodyssey's 52 for 2019 Week 51 Chrissmasy & Wk52 Outtake

Hi Pete, has to be the chocolate for me. Your fragile shot is superb, delicate, natural and it works so well against the background

That's an excellent take on the theme but just wonder would a portrait format works better?

Hi Stan, It looks like a christmas tree in portrait format and we are a long way from xmas.

Very nice take on the theme

Thank you Allan

Hi Pete, has to be the chocolate for me. Your fragile shot is superb, delicate, natural and it works so well against the background

Thanks Chris, I coming round to agree on the chocolate shot for Whole. Thank you for your comments

Love the colours in the Fragile shot. Very very nice.

Hi Joan,
When I took the shot, I did not think it would be the best of a the bunch, I also did a closeup of some bluebell flowers (on my flickr), but seeing the fennel on screen it was so minimal it was the one.

I really like the simplicity of this image Pete, it works so well.
And your command of the DoF is perfect....the background is excellent.
Super shot!(y)

Thanks Gareth,
I was having problems with the Macro lens, when I changed the aperature, the camera gave an FEE error most of the time, I have since googled for a manual, which is not available anymore, but I did find out you need to lock the aperature at f22 on the lens.

Pete

Hi Pete,

Above - It doesn't really do anything for me I'm afraid. Can't really put my finger on why though, sorry.
Hot - Would also have worked for Above ;) Odd to have to different themes and forms of transport featuring ol' beardy.
Light - I'm going with #1, it's the more unusual image imo.
Crowd - Great bit of action, I like hte in your face, almost in with the action feel to the shot. The expression of the chap in the blue tabard is priceless.
Decay - #3, but I think that's your feel too. It has more pop than the other shots.
Free Week - I'm going with #3. I like the mix of blues, yellow and greens.
Whole - The Scotch bottle. The colour matching of the whisky and hte background just seems to work so well.
Fragile - Yup, works well for th theme.

I like the second whole image best, with the play on words plus a whole two bars is nicely done.

Fragile is really really nice. Such a 'fragile' feel to it with lovely DOF

Hi Pete,

Above - It doesn't really do anything for me I'm afraid. Can't really put my finger on why though, sorry.
Hot - Would also have worked for Above ;) Odd to have to different themes and forms of transport featuring ol' beardy.
Light - I'm going with #1, it's the more unusual image imo.
Crowd - Great bit of action, I like hte in your face, almost in with the action feel to the shot. The expression of the chap in the blue tabard is priceless.
Decay - #3, but I think that's your feel too. It has more pop than the other shots.
Free Week - I'm going with #3. I like the mix of blues, yellow and greens.
Whole - The Scotch bottle. The colour matching of the whisky and hte background just seems to work so well.
Fragile - Yup, works well for th theme.

Thanks for your comments Tim, I find it fasinating why people choose different images that they like, and when you see the comments you can agree on all of them.

I like the second whole image best, with the play on words plus a whole two bars is nicely done.

Fragile is really really nice. Such a 'fragile' feel to it with lovely DOF

Thanks Ian

Fragile works very well. You have captured the theme perfectly with this shot!

Thanks Bob

For Wk 23 Squash I give you squashed peirs in a Jug.

Could not think of much else to do, so a quick shot of Piers the teddy bear. (He is named piers as he was won on one of those grab machines in the amusement arcade at Clacton pier.

Wk23 Squashed Peirs by Peter, on Flickr

And For Wk24 Time There is

Wk 24 Collection Time by Peter, on Flickr

Pete

Ted is fab - and I do like a bit of red :D

Squashed is cracking Pete. Lovely simple but effective image that just makes you smile.

Time, I like the concept but I think i'd like to see a tad more of the letter box plus a bit straighter

Squashed is cracking Pete. Lovely simple but effective image that just makes you smile.

Time, I like the concept but I think i'd like to see a tad more of the letter box plus a bit straighter

Hi Ian, I cropped the letterbox so tight as there was marks on the plastic covering the time, and I used the line under the time for straightness, as I felt it was more noticable if That one was not level.

Thanks for the comments

I so liked the squashed teddy - it made me smile!

Glad to be of Service Joan.
Ted is fab - and I do like a bit of red :D

Thanks for your comments Dave

Pete

Two super images there Pete!(y)
Squashed: Marvellous! Adorable teddy in a jug! What's not to like?!
In all my (not insignificant) years, I have never met anyone who has actually won anything from those infernal machines, so well done indeed!:clap:
Time: Wow....that's red with a capital R!! Love it! Bold and punchy!

Beans on Toast - what's not to like :)

Splash of Tobasco? :naughty:

A very nice looking full pot of beans and the toast to turn it into a meal :) Nicely done. Makes me hungry

Full
Definitely a full pot of beans, but i must say I like the background, tabletop, place mat, tray or what evert it is.

Nice work there Pete, glad to know it was 'sacrificed' for the good of the photography community!
I'm not a fan of the ol' beans-on-toast, but you've made them look very appetising!
(y)

argh, the beans are not on the toast, thanks for your comments Gareth
Beans on Toast - what's not to like :)

Splash of Tobasco? :naughty:

If that's the way you like them, thanks for your comments Dave
Nice capture, good framing. It's making me hungry...

Thanks Mark
Very posh beans not quite on toast there

Well they are Heinz, none of your own brand stuff here. Thanks Allan for your comments
Looks tasty that! Bg works well and the food is well lit to my eyes. Knife and fork wrong way round for me.

Wondered when some one would pick up the knife and fork, they are just fine for me. Thanks for your comments michael
A very nice looking full pot of beans and the toast to turn it into a meal :) Nicely done. Makes me hungry
Thank you for your comments Ian
Full
Definitely a full pot of beans, but i must say I like the background, tabletop, place mat, tray or what evert it is.

Thanks you Dominic, the background is a table mat.

Hi Pete,

Full - I like that, very gourmet. Perhaps in need of a drizzle of HP Sauce? ;) Nicely thought aout and executed.
Time - works for the theme.. I think that possibly if you could have got all of the notice section of the box in, it woould have improved it (at least to my eye), as the cut off feels a bit awkward to me. Also, it's not quite symmetrical, which feels accidental. It either needs to be bang on or very obviously on a third or something.
Squash - Nice use of shallow DoF there, cute, funny and nicely off-centre. This feels so much more deliberate than Time.

Hi Pete,

Full - I like that, very gourmet. Perhaps in need of a drizzle of HP Sauce? ;) Nicely thought aout and executed.
Time - works for the theme.. I think that possibly if you could have got all of the notice section of the box in, it woould have improved it (at least to my eye), as the cut off feels a bit awkward to me. Also, it's not quite symmetrical, which feels accidental. It either needs to be bang on or very obviously on a third or something.
Squash - Nice use of shallow DoF there, cute, funny and nicely off-centre. This feels so much more deliberate than Time.

Hi Tim,,
No to the HP sauce for me, no food was wasted in that image.

For Time, the reason it was cropped like that was that just below there was a horrid looking mark where a sticker had been removed at some point. On the other boxes I checked the plastic was also disfigured worse in some way and the red was not so bright. I made the printed line horizontal under the Time as that was the straightest. Maybe it would have been better to use the opening. I agree it is abit off centre. My mistake.

Thanks for your comments.
Pete

Definitely the first. Intriguing use of quote marks implying it's not really coffee - not a house!"

First one for me too.
I've been to Sheringham many times and I can't say I've ever spotted this, well caught Pete!
It certainly is interesting with some nice textures, and is a good fit for the theme.(y)
It is right on the seafront and it looks new, On streetview it is a different sign.

streetview

Drink

It'll be the first one for me, I like the monochromatic colour scheme.

Good idea, and the colour pop works well. I see a bit of a theme with all those DVDs, do you like dance movies ;)

Back