weekly Seaodyssey's 52 for 2019 Week 51 Chrissmasy & Wk52 Outtake

I think Roger grassed on you ;) I was going to ask what it was too.
I've seen the comments asking if it's slightly oof, but I'm thinking it's actually the high ISO used combined with the crop. I've seen similar smoothing effects before using high iso when pixel peeping.

Now that's a weird looking image. I like it. Looks like some sort of Ghostbusters goo

This is my very rushed entry for this week, just not having a lot of spare time at the Mo.

Ojects of desire for some by Peter, on Flickr

I have processed it to look like its on Instagram, all bight and tacky. Don't overdo the sugar rush.

Pete

I know very little of this instagram that all the kids are into....but it seems that you have nailed 'that look'!
It's punchy, saturated and slightly over-sharpened....perfect for the instagrams....so I'm led to believe!
As with Les Dawson and his comedic 'poor' piano skills....it takes a good photographer to know the rules, and then break them, with often interesting and unexpected results!
That cake with the strawberries on looks pretty good however!
Nice work Pete!(y)

It's a little Martin Parr like, I can see the Instagram style. It's good shot with many objects and colours spot on theme. They look tasty!

Rough, is it an avocado ? To be honest I can’t tell but I like it, especially the colours
Object, yes on theme. It’s like a scene from the weekly WI ! 60’s feel

Wk9 Wet SOC.

For this week, straight out of camera (including Dust) I have wet watercolour paint.

_DSC3299 by Peter, on Flickr

I knew we had some watercolour paint somewhere, I thought it was those blocks you used with just a wet brush. It was in fact tubes so I had to give a bigger overall picture to show these. If it was just the blocks I was going to be much closer.

I did have an idea also of Dudley cocking his leg wetting some grass, but it was too late in the evening to get a decent result.

Here is the same image but not SOC
week9 wet Not Soc by Peter, on Flickr

Pete

Nice images. Those cakes look pretty amazing

I really like the first wet image - nice concept, well staged and like the grey background to offset all the colour

Hi Pete,

Trying to catch up on comments, not been very good so far this year!

Distance - Looks good in B&W, good dof, Just makes me wonder what is in the other direction :)
Cold - Lovely snowy scene and I really like the glow of the lights from behind the fence
Waiting - Aww lovely Dudley. Great timing with that tongue, made me smile
Rough - This kind of looks rough and smooth at the same time. Maybe the close crop has caused this
Object - Wow that's a lot of cake, can feel the sugar rush from here :D Don't do instagram myself but I get what you were going for and it works
Wet - I do prefer the cropped version for the composition, a nice bg and set up. It would be nice if the writing on the tubes were more in focus:exit:

:D

Hi Pete, the colours and processing for Object almost made my eyes wince so I'm glad I read your explanation! I don't do Instagram but this certainly has that punchy and sometimes 'over done' look. Wet is a different idea for the theme and although I prefer the edited version because the items are bigger and bolder, the SOOC image conveys the idea well and only really suffers because you have added your edited version for us to compare the two (y)

I love both images Pete.
The SOOC image has some great qualities....expertly composed with great colours, and contextually I think works exceedingly well, though this is not detracting from #2 at all.
Great concept and a terrific image.(y)

Rough, is it an avocado ? To be honest I can’t tell but I like it, especially the colours
Hi Chris, it is an Avocado (was small), real close up and cropped to get the rough effect, which in turn also showed it is actually quite smooth.

It`s a good effort, but can`t see where any of it is sharp or in focus.
Nice. Looks just like the one I was going to use for rough, in my case it was macro of a sanding disc. When I get home I’ll load it up to see the similarities
looks good, the rough bits are almost smooth. some interesting colours going on too.
Interesting colours in it but you seem to have lost a lot of detail with the large crop
It is an interesting image and a different idea. I don't know whether it's slightly OOF or just an effect of a large crop but it does seem to be lacking slightly in detail, but the colours are fascinating.
I would never guessed that it is an Avocado. Very good idea for the theme but as others have said, I think it looks kind of smooth rather than rough. Maybe a wider shot would show the roughness of the skin?
I rather like it....great concept and well executed.
I see what others mean about the crop/OOF, but as an abstract image it's pretty good.
It does have impact, and the colours are super.
(y)
I think Roger grassed on you ;) I was going to ask what it was too.
I've seen the comments asking if it's slightly oof, but I'm thinking it's actually the high ISO used combined with the crop. I've seen similar smoothing effects before using high iso when pixel peeping.
Now that's a weird looking image. I like it. Looks like some sort of Ghostbusters goo

Thanks for your all comments about my Avocado.

Agree a tacky instagram shot, but you got a shot in so on to the next theme.
I know very little of this instagram that all the kids are into....but it seems that you have nailed 'that look'!
It's punchy, saturated and slightly over-sharpened....perfect for the instagrams....so I'm led to believe!
As with Les Dawson and his comedic 'poor' piano skills....it takes a good photographer to know the rules, and then break them, with often interesting and unexpected results!
That cake with the strawberries on looks pretty good however!
Nice work Pete!(y)
It's a little Martin Parr like, I can see the Instagram style. It's good shot with many objects and colours spot on theme. They look tasty!
Nothing wrong with a punchy edit Pete, and with food like this I think it suits it well.
I like the edit. It suits the theme well.

Thank you all for your comments on my cakes on Intragram image.

Pete

Nice images. Those cakes look pretty amazing

I really like the first wet image - nice concept, well staged and like the grey background to offset all the colour
Very good idea for the theme, and as mentioned, the background sets off the colours nicely.
Hi Pete,

Trying to catch up on comments, not been very good so far this year!

Distance - Looks good in B&W, good dof, Just makes me wonder what is in the other direction :)
Cold - Lovely snowy scene and I really like the glow of the lights from behind the fence
Waiting - Aww lovely Dudley. Great timing with that tongue, made me smile
Rough - This kind of looks rough and smooth at the same time. Maybe the close crop has caused this
Object - Wow that's a lot of cake, can feel the sugar rush from here :D Don't do instagram myself but I get what you were going for and it works
Wet - I do prefer the cropped version for the composition, a nice bg and set up. It would be nice if the writing on the tubes were more in focus:exit:

:D
1st wet shot for me Peter, like that you included the tubes too.
Hi Pete, the colours and processing for Object almost made my eyes wince so I'm glad I read your explanation! I don't do Instagram but this certainly has that punchy and sometimes 'over done' look. Wet is a different idea for the theme and although I prefer the edited version because the items are bigger and bolder, the SOOC image conveys the idea well and only really suffers because you have added your edited version for us to compare the two (y)
I love both images Pete.
The SOOC image has some great qualities....expertly composed with great colours, and contextually I think works exceedingly well, though this is not detracting from #2 at all.
Great concept and a terrific image.(y)
A different take on the theme. Prefer #1 with good even light and subtle shadow
Creative take on the theme Pete, and it works well. I like the colours in the tray and the overall uncluttered look. Nice!

Thank you all for your comments on my Wet theme, sorry to all for the general replies, but just have not had the time.

I'm also trying to catch up on others images, it going to also take time, but I will get there, maybe by christmas.

Pete

Pete

Close up for me, it has more impact but I understand why you posted the first for the months technique

Hi Pete,
Really like your objects shot really clever processing to get the results you wanted.
Wet, nice composition and control of lighting, another clever interesting shot.

That's a nice and well thought out shot for Wet Pete. I think I prefer the SooC version. The plain grey BG allows the colours to pop nicely.

Wet: cropped image is by far the better of the two.

Clever use of shadows for last week, plenty of interest in the shot, and nicely framed up to add some symmetry. Entrance is a nice shot for the theme, but unless my chair is wonky i think it needs just a smidge of straightening on the horizontal.

Great images Pete!(y)
Free: "...not a penny paid..." you say....but worth it's weight in gold....actually, can a shadow have weight?...or an image for that matter?....I've not thought it through, forgive me!!:LOL:
I do, however, really like this image, perfectly composed with an abstract feel that I absolutely love. Marvellous!
Entrance: Great use of symmetry and natural framing. The splashes of colour add interest too!
Nice work Pete!

Clever use of shadows for last week, plenty of interest in the shot, and nicely framed up to add some symmetry. Entrance is a nice shot for the theme, but unless my chair is wonky i think it needs just a smidge of straightening on the horizontal.
Hi Gremlin

Thanks for your comments, The Entrance theme may be a midge out on the horizonatal but as it's SOOC not much I can do and that's my excuse and I'm sticking with it. The steps are a bit wonky due to the so called landscape gardener we used to put them in. We put a complaint into checkatrade over him, not that anything happened and we will never use Checkatrade again.

Great images Pete!(y)
Free: "...not a penny paid..." you say....but worth it's weight in gold....actually, can a shadow have weight?...or an image for that matter?....I've not thought it through, forgive me!!:LOL:
I do, however, really like this image, perfectly composed with an abstract feel that I absolutely love. Marvellous!
Entrance: Great use of symmetry and natural framing. The splashes of colour add interest too!
Nice work Pete!

Hi Gareth

Thanks for you kind and amusing comments, as always

Pete

Hi Gremlin

Thanks for your comments, The Entrance theme may be a midge out on the horizonatal but as it's SOOC not much I can do and that's my excuse and I'm sticking with it. The steps are a bit wonky due to the so called landscape gardener we used to put them in. We put a complaint into checkatrade over him, not that anything happened and we will never use Checkatrade again.

It's not the end of the world, my observation part, not the checkatrade part. :)

Wet. Like the choice of background to make the objects pop more.

Shadows are a good abstract, possibility for sharing a mono version?

Entrance is strong, and as you say SOOC.

free the lines are very nice indeed.
entrance works well and been out of square works well for the tech

I really like your free shadows image.

Entrance ticks the box perfectly with sooc too

FREE - I like the shadows, shot. It's got that abstract feel, even though it is clear what the shadows come from. Good image.
ENTRANCE - perfect for the theme. I checked on Flickr for the angle 'cos i reckon it had to be fairly wide.

Back