weekly Seaodyssey's 52 for 2019 Week 51 Chrissmasy & Wk52 Outtake

I like the sun peeping through ontop the door and trellis :)

Hi Pete, Clean is just the kind of shot I like, love the strong, simple composition and perfect exposure. Top Shot.

interesting idea for the theme and not far to go to capture it not sure if the blinds should be a little more closed

Cracking idea for the theme Pete, I like the how the bright sunlight on one side contrasts with the frost on the plant on the other.:)

Thank you Roger for coming over from the darkside.
Your comments are always welcomed.

Pete

Hi Pete

Clean - I like the close crop and it works well in mono. Rain spots add to the image, though I imagine Mrs Pete wasn't too impressed that it rained straight after she cleaned the car:D

Open - I think this is really effective. The sunlight over the building is very nice and a nice glimpse of you garden too :D

Open works very well, bang on theme, and nice light on the building. Perhaps a slight crop off the bottom?

Hi there,

New - The new diet is perfect for a New Year. I like the crisp edge to the lettuce. I wonder what a wider shot might turn out like or with the apple more in focus too?
Clean - A smashing mono shot and perfect for the theme. Great stuff (y)
Open - Another nice shot. I can just imagine the kettle has just been put on as the day starts. Good light and the frost on the roof tells a story of early morning freshness. :)

For Week 4 Distance, I give you.....
Wk4 Distance by Peter, on Flickr

This is close to where I work. There was hardly any colour in the Image so converting to B&W (again) was obvious.
I went in close as someone has tied a missing cat poster on the post which I did not want to show.

Pete

Last edited:
I think we are all going to suffer from the sky, and you did well to go in close for Distant. It goes very well in mono and like the light and dark of the sign.
That's quick Dave, Thanks for the comments

That's been hard work compared to last year. I have commented on every body who has submitted photos so far at least once only taken 4 weeks, now to start again to catch up on photos which have been posted since I did comment.

Hi Pete, Clean is just the kind of shot I like, love the strong, simple composition and perfect exposure. Top Shot.
Cracking idea for the theme Pete, I like the how the bright sunlight on one side contrasts with the frost on the plant on the other.:)
Definitely on point for the theme.
Crisp and detailed mono, with great contrast and a cool story.
An interesting image Pete, nice work.(y)
Good idea the use of a sign never crossed my mind
Yes that is a good idea, works really well in the b&w too.
I do love the old pre Kinneir and Calvert road signs.
Lovely the way it's all lined up on the right and also on the left.
Works nicely in Mono :)
Good take on the theme. The sign looks great against the background.
That's a good idea, Pete, and the low viewpoint and B&W processing work very well to counter the dull weather and make the sign stand out (y)

Thanks for all your comments. I did think of some milestones but they would have been a bit drab and sign posts with mileage seem a bit sparse around here.

Pete

Nice Idea for the theme and works well in B&W woks well with the OOF trees in the background very good take.

Open - I like the different lines great idea for the theme.
Distant - a strong image works really well in black and white

Distant, I've taken an extremely similar shot on my phone as a backup plan for this week. Gutted I didn't have my camera with me. Keep an eye out for mine if I don't see anything else before Thursday.
For ages I had a thing for interesting and old signs so I like this shot.

Good simple composition that is bang on theme, clever and works well in B&W, like this shot alot.

Nice and clean shot, bang on theme and those places are indeed distant if you are walking there :)

Wk 05 Cold

Taken earlier today.
Wk 05 Early morning cold by Peter, on Flickr

Colour balance is subjective and I like it like this, there is a white LED light in the left of the picture, a orange sodium light towards the right, there is also Halogen light coming out of the kitchen window through some venetian blinds and the blue early morning light, quite a mix,
I think the snow looks white enough and the green is correct on the trellis

A fine image for the theme. Liking how it is lit. A lot to look at in a good way.

Back