weekly Seaodysseys 52 for 2021 (Critique Welcome) Week 51 & 52

Name
Pete
Edit My Images
Yes
Another Year for me in the 52. Hopefully we will be able to get out more at some point.

Fingers crossed I will have more time this year

Pete

Week 00 Nearby

Found this pesky little critter in the garden, eating all the expensive bird food we put out.
With the new lockdown and my wife and I are mainly going on the same daily walk I know there is nothing much to take a photo of so my backgarden it will be for now.

Wk00 Nearby by Peter, on Flickr

Pete

They are real opportunists Pete well caught (y)

so my backgarden it will be for now.
You and most others I suspect :(
But we will have to do what we can with what "Tools or subjects" we have at our disposal

He stands out nicely against the lovely background colours. He looks quite close!

We have red squirrels in our garden and I buy hazelnuts at £8 a bag. I limit how many I put out because they would bury £8 worth if I put them out there!

We're lucky to have gardens with wildlife in, aren't we?

Beautifully captured, living on the coast we don’t see that many in our garden thankfully. Excellent start to the new year.

Somehow I have to turn every category in this 52 into a squirrel picture. We have a drey in the garden so I'll not be short of subjects, although my beehives will be active in a couple of months which for comforts sake means not going into part of the garden. Nicely caught.

Great action shot! I wasn't sure what the baubly bits were until I read your description - but I think they make the shot. Squirrels seen more and more a domestic/urban animal, so the chain and the lights add to the picture.

Very nice start indeed!

Hi Pete

That's a cracker. I do like a squirrel pic. Hand on heart too, why do they do that?

Lovely image the orange back ground gives a very autumnal feel to it even if it is bricks not leaves it really suits it.

Rats with tails.. thankfully they seem to stay away from my garden - think it might be the cat that deters them. That's a great shot though... lovely background colour sets off his muted tones.

They are real opportunists Pete well caught (y)

You and most others I suspect :(
But we will have to do what we can with what "Tools or subjects" we have at our disposal

Thanks Chris.
Should've flicked the power on, on the lights, that would have startled him ;)

As Chris say's well done catching him in action.

They are solar powered and do not work well this time of year.

He stands out nicely against the lovely background colours. He looks quite close!

We have red squirrels in our garden and I buy hazelnuts at £8 a bag. I limit how many I put out because they would bury £8 worth if I put them out there!

We're lucky to have gardens with wildlife in, aren't we?

He was about 20feet away, I was shooting through the leaded windows in our conservertory., so he was not worried.
Very lucky to have a garden at the moment, would not like to be locked down in a tower block thats for certain.

Beautifully captured, living on the coast we don’t see that many in our garden thankfully. Excellent start to the new year.

Thank you Gritty
Somehow I have to turn every category in this 52 into a squirrel picture. We have a drey in the garden so I'll not be short of subjects, although my beehives will be active in a couple of months which for comforts sake means not going into part of the garden. Nicely caught.
I look forward to you overdosing on squirrels

Great action shot! I wasn't sure what the baubly bits were until I read your description - but I think they make the shot. Squirrels seen more and more a domestic/urban animal, so the chain and the lights add to the picture.

Very nice start indeed!

Thank you Shugpug.

Hi Pete

That's a cracker. I do like a squirrel pic. Hand on heart too, why do they do that?

Thanks David

Lovely image the orange back ground gives a very autumnal feel to it even if it is bricks not leaves it really suits it.

Hi Minx, that was the only shot when the sun was out, it lasted seconds.

You’ve caught that little fellow perfectly, id love to have a squirrel in my garden,

Thank you susie

Rats with tails.. thankfully they seem to stay away from my garden - think it might be the cat that deters them. That's a great shot though... lovely background colour sets off his muted tones.

Thats what the wife calls them too, I don't mind them to be honest, but they do add to the bird food bill.

Nice shot of Mr Grey.

Thanks Dave

Nice still life of vine fruits, the black background suits it,

Quality picture, well done.

A classic view and well taken :)

Fruit
Good still life, well controlled light. I'm not sure that i would have included the Tomatoes, i know they're vine Toms but they feel a little out of place.

Hi there Pete

Nicely done, but I have to agree with @Nostromo about the tomatoes. A hunk of cheddar, or something ... would make it more still-lifey. :)

That's a nice clean image Pete.
Well presented ..

That's a great 'classic' looking still life, I like the addition of the toms in there, very clever. Lighting is spot on and a nice composition, but it could have maybe had a tiny bit more space around it, for me.

As others have said, a classic looking still life. Could do with a darker background for my taste, but as Susie said on another thread - these will look different on different monitors.

That works for me. The lighting adds a softness to the fruit.

Yup, nice and dirty and certainly filling the frame, good job.

Back