weekly Seaodysseys 52 for 2021 (Critique Welcome) Week 51 & 52

Heh, the culture shot made me chuckle. We are over-cultured in that one!

I think the windmill suffers from the halo-ing around the branches - whether that's a side-effect of the sky swap or not. It's a really dramatic composition that works very well, and I'd be inclined to leave as is rather than faffing with a sky that's secondary to the image anyway.

Culture did make me chuckle though... :)

Nice idea for the theme, works well. Not sure if it's my monitor but it seems ever so slightly over-sharpened (not a criticism by the way). the light works well and the reflections on the wet roadway are really nice and add a lovely depth to the image.

Mmmm…. Work my way along…
a nice crisp clear night time image.

I visited 2 of the establishments that night. very tasty.

Good idea for the theme and well captured :)

Thanks Bebop

Heh, the culture shot made me chuckle. We are over-cultured in that one!

I think the windmill suffers from the halo-ing around the branches - whether that's a side-effect of the sky swap or not. It's a really dramatic composition that works very well, and I'd be inclined to leave as is rather than faffing with a sky that's secondary to the image anyway.

Culture did make me chuckle though... :)

I would have left the sky but as the technique was compasite, I decided to try to replace the sky.
Thank you Ian

Nice idea for the theme, works well. Not sure if it's my monitor but it seems ever so slightly over-sharpened (not a criticism by the way). the light works well and the reflections on the wet roadway are really nice and add a lovely depth to the image.

I think it might be your monitor, it looks ok on my Dell Monitor, but on my laptop, I can see what you mean.
Thanks for your comments Jim.

Duckies inbound - like it :)

You were definitely a food magnet.. and they look pretty well fed.

Nice one Pete :)

Well shot although being picky I might have turned the (grey?) candle around to hide the label/sticker.
Interestingly, your room colour scheme is almost identical to how we had ours until I re-decorated earlier this year! Spooky!

Now to comment in the right place lol.
That looks a nice old mirror Pete and really like the candle as thought it was a cup of coffee first off.
Thanks Dave
Nice one Pete :)
Thanks Dave
Well shot although being picky I might have turned the (grey?) candle around to hide the label/sticker.
Interestingly, your room colour scheme is almost identical to how we had ours until I re-decorated earlier this year! Spooky!
What colours is your room now, so I can replicate it again.... :D
Heh :)

A very nice seasonal collection. Works well.
Thank you Ian

My Week 50 Minuscule

Tp 52 Week 50 Minuscule 2 by Peter Dyson, on Flickr

This took a few days to get something worth while.
Day 1 M43 camera with 16mm extension tube, took pictures of moss and lichen, looked ok on rear screen, found zone of focus too small when processing.

Day2 M43 with 16mm extension tube and monopod to help stabisle it all, a bit better but still not enough in focus- tried to focus stack multiple exposures.

Day3 Nikon d800 with 105mm sgima macro lens set to high speed continuous shutter release. Got enough images to do a focus stack on some lichen as above, still needed lots of PP.

Pete

That's dedication for you :D
Not a bad result in the end Pete :)

Waiting to pounce on the man from Hermes? he will throw your parcel from the end of your drive, it will save him walking to your door...
Not this time its Amazon, usually perfect deliveries.
Although there seems to be some confusion, its a Market place purchase,
there seems to be some confusion as to whether is RM or UPS. (I've had previous notices from both)
But Amazon have it on their site as "arriving today before 8pm."
So actually I have no idea whether or not it will arrive :thinking:

Last edited:
Lovely finish Pete (y)

Well done for another 52 nice end to the year. All the best for 2022

Well done on completing the 52, and a couple of nice personal images to finish off with. Have a great new year.

2021 Challenge 52 well finished (y)

Back