weekly Seaodysseys 52 for 2021 (Critique Welcome) Week 51 & 52

The background could do with being a bit darker for my liking too, but that's some vibrant colour there! The composition works well for me though. Nice & tidy.

Lovely colour. I feel that the background needed to be a bit more black to make the pink stand out even more.

How fab to get so close! It's a shame the head isn't pin sharp, but I love the movement you've captured in the wings - makes you feel you're there. I always feel privileged if I get that close to a bird.

They always make me laugh with their slow ponderous take offs.... Giving the subject a bit of space to fly into has worked well with the composition.

Nice capture could be sharper but still works with the motion of the bird

Well captured and it does have a sense of movement. They always make me smile as I used to work for a Japanese company and often heard my name pronounced as "Heron" :D

Nice subject but the fact its not in focus i find really distracting. If it were only the wings blurred that would be acceptable. Great effort though.

Out and about
It's well caught and you must have been close to be able to use an effective 64mm (full frame equivalent).
I quite like the bit of blur in the wings.

Nice and close shot with the Heron just such a shame the body isn't in focus as the wing blur is quite effective but it can't be an easy shot to pull off.

Nice textures Pete ;)

Excellent matching of colour and texture.

How fab to get so close! It's a shame the head isn't pin sharp, but I love the movement you've captured in the wings - makes you feel you're there. I always feel privileged if I get that close to a bird.
Nice subject but the fact its not in focus i find really distracting. If it were only the wings blurred that would be acceptable. Great effort though.
Nice and close shot with the Heron just such a shame the body isn't in focus as the wing blur is quite effective but it can't be an easy shot to pull off.

Thank you Bebop, rob & Simon
Not the easiest camera to focus on a birds head, not knowing when it was going to fly off.

They always make me laugh with their slow ponderous take offs.... Giving the subject a bit of space to fly into has worked well with the composition.

Thank you Ian

Nice wing blur, shame the head is not sharp but still a good shot.

Thank you Dave
Sharpness is overrated! Good shot!

Thanks Paul.
Certainly captured the movement there :)

Thanks Tim
Nice capture could be sharper but still works with the motion of the bird

Thanks Allan
You do have to be quick don’t you, I think you’ve done well and captured the sense of motion, a super shot.

Thank you susie
Well captured and it does have a sense of movement. They always make me smile as I used to work for a Japanese company and often heard my name pronounced as "Heron" :D

Thank you Heron

Out and about
It's well caught and you must have been close to be able to use an effective 64mm (full frame equivalent).
I quite like the bit of blur in the wings.
Thanks Dominic
I was surprised I got that close, they are very skittish birds.

Thank you all for taking your time to comment
Pete

Not the biggest fan of train shots but for the theme of numbers I think it works the numbers do stand out although quite small.

your link is not working by the way

It's a nice composition with space for the train to rush into. The numbers are a tad small for me also, but they're there, so that's the theme hit!

Numbers
I sort of agree with the others, but no one said that the numbers needed to be big. The train is nicely placed.

I like the movement in this shot against the static numbers.
BTW Your link on the main thread isn't working..

I like the texture of the manhole cover. I might be wrong but it looks a little over-sharpened but I am also of the opinion that that brings to life what otherwise might have been quite mundane shot.

A Pendo rather than an 800, so not locked away in the depot being welded back together then ;)
I'm wondering what the gantry is. Obiously not for bearing the OHEL, so a Signal maybe?

It is a support for the overhead power lines.

Thanks Tim

I like the texture of the manhole cover. I might be wrong but it looks a little over-sharpened but I am also of the opinion that that brings to life what otherwise might have been quite mundane shot.
It was the angel of the sun that makes it stand out, it was early morning

Not the biggest fan of train shots but for the theme of numbers I think it works the numbers do stand out although quite small.

your link is not working by the way
It's a nice composition with space for the train to rush into. The numbers are a tad small for me also, but they're there, so that's the theme hit!
Numbers
I sort of agree with the others, but no one said that the numbers needed to be big. The train is nicely placed.
I like the movement in this shot against the static numbers.
BTW Your link on the main thread isn't working..
Train shot for me. I like the movement and I like that I have to work a little to find the numbers.

Thank you all for your comments, I fixed the link thanks for letting me know.

Pete

Last weeks theme, a bit late but with no kids around difficult for me. Sold my Toy car a couple of months back as well.
Dudley is getting on a bit so he only has a good play after his meals, when he's taken on more energy.
so just a quick snap to keep up.

Week18 Toys by Peter, on Flickr

Pete

I have also upgraded my PC from an i5-2500k(really old) to an all singing and dancing Ryzen5900x machine but have had to stay with the nvidia gtx570GPU card so I can't yet get the latest MS Flight Sim running. I installed Win10 from Scratch and have ditched all Adobe and MS Office programs in the process, this should last me 10 years fingers crossed (as did the last one)
Just wish I could upgrade my fingers, they are still old and very slow.

Pete

Toy
It's quite a sweet shot. Love how he's looking up at you, waiting in anticipation.

Back