weekly Seaodysseys 52 for the New Decade Wk51 and 52 Showcase and Decorations

Seems like a late start from me looking at how many have already been submitted so far.
I have a photo of the Uks First Multiplex Cinema, The Point in Milton Keynes.Wikipedia Link.

Wk1 2020 Local Interest by Peter, on Flickr

Not sure if its a real Silhouette as its B&W, but it is straight out of the camera apart from a tinywiny bit of sharpening and a crop to size.

Pete

I like it nice use of the diagonals of the steps. I like the B&W conversion too.

I recognised that without read the write up :D
Nice processing Pete (y)

Great shot Pete, and a great start to your 52!:clap:

I do like the angles here, fantastic use of 'mirrored' diagonals with the structure and the steps...very creative framing!
I think you made a wise choice processing it in B&W, since the colour pic on the wiki page you linked to, could have been a tad distracting.
Your image is clean and very crisp...they should put yours on the wiki page!(y)

That's a very flattering picture of the Point, well done, much better in b&w than real life! I haven't been there for decades...

That's a very flattering picture of the Point, well done, much better in b&w than real life! I haven't been there for decades...

Indeed, it has not got any better since last time you where there. They have been promising to knock it down for for several years and hence no mainentance has been done.

Nice shot. The symmetry works really well. I can see why you would do it in B&W... not the most elegant of buildings.

That's a lovely, warm image Pete!(y)
Very toasty indeed!
Excellent exposure control to get the glowing embers right, and some nice textures in the brickwork.

Thank you for your kind comments Gareth.

Like the POV you have chosen on Local Interest and the monochrome works very well.
Well handled exposure on Pleasure and like the composition.

Makes me want to take my shoes and socks off and wiggle my toes. Great capture.

Pleasure is a nice shot, looks very homely.

Very pleasurable indeed, you can't beat a nice fire, well captured Pete

Very pleasant indeed, looks warm and inviting. lovely image.

Nothing more pleasurable than being able to light a wood burner on these cold winter days/nights. Very nicely captured Pete good detail and nicely composed .

Definitely a pleasure... am about to light mine for the evening. Flames are not the easiest of subjects - well done.

Like the POV you have chosen on Local Interest and the monochrome works very well.
Well handled exposure on Pleasure and like the composition.

Thank you Roger
Hi Pete that's a nice warm picture, it would certainly be a pleasure sitting in front of it.

(y)Clive
That is a lovely shot, Pete. I can just feel the heat just by looking at the log fire. You done very well to balance the exposure and not blown the white of the fire but still able to have capture details of the dark fireplace.

Thanks Stan
Makes me want to take my shoes and socks off and wiggle my toes. Great capture.

You are welcome Bob, thanks for the feedback.
Pleasure is a nice shot, looks very homely.

Thanks Nick
Very pleasurable indeed, you can't beat a nice fire, well captured Pete

Cheers Chris.
Spot on for a warm winter shot Pete. Nicely balanced with the door ont he right balancing the burner.

Thanks Tim
Very pleasant indeed, looks warm and inviting. lovely image.

Thank You Minx
I can feel the pleasure (and warmth) - very nice, and nicely exposed!

Thanks for the Feedback Shugpug
Nothing more pleasurable than being able to light a wood burner on these cold winter days/nights. Very nicely captured Pete good detail and nicely composed .

Thank you for your Feedback Mark
Great for the theme. Much needed I guess!!

(y)Bob
Definitely a pleasure... am about to light mine for the evening. Flames are not the easiest of subjects - well done.

Thank you for your Comments Helen.

I really like the diagonals in the composition - something I am trying to use more of. I like the setup, but wonder if there could be a bit more room between the 2 micrometers? Great reflection underneath the tools as well - really very nice.

Composition is excellent, lighting on the tools is spot on, very pleasant well executed shot.

Lovely mono works very well ;)

Back