weekly Seaodysseys 52 for the New Decade Wk51 and 52 Showcase and Decorations

Hi Pete,

Great start to your 2020 52 project.

Local is an interesting shot with the diagonals as others have said. It feels a little dark for me too though.
Your shot for pleasure is lovely. Perfect exposure and I can feel the warmth from here :)
Tools is another excellent shot. Lovely high contrast that really suits it.

Smashing image Pete!:clap:
I love the detail in these fine, precision tools, and it's very nicely processed too, with great lighting!
I can certainly sympathise with you regarding cloning out scratches and dust etc...it's a nightmare isn't it?:LOL:
I like the very subtle highlights on the background however...gives it some nice depth.

local interest - that's quite an appealing photo, nice symmetry and lots of straight lines. Great B&W processing!

pleasure - works very well with the open door of the wood burner, very well exposed.

tool - Great picture, great detail! Pity about the smudge...

I really like the diagonals in the composition - something I am trying to use more of. I like the setup, but wonder if there could be a bit more room between the 2 micrometers? Great reflection underneath the tools as well - really very nice.

Thanks Shugpug, the black mirror I have is only a4 in size, so not much room on it.

Composition is excellent, lighting on the tools is spot on, very pleasant well executed shot.

Thank you Roger

I like it because it`s a good effort, but a shame about the white bits on the BG still good though.

Ahhgh the reflections at the top, some like them some don't, no right or wrong, Thanks for your comments Dave

Another nice B&W shot of proper engineering tools :)

Thanks Tim, Sadley not much use for them these days.
Lovely mono works very well ;)

Thanks Dave

Last edited:
Tools do look good in b/w don't they, and you have caught some reflection too.

Thank You Minx

I like that, a good composition with a hint of reflection.

Thanks Dominic

Nice composition and lighting. Like the subtle reflections too.

Hi Stan, Thanks for your Comments

Hi Pete,

Great start to your 2020 52 project.

Local is an interesting shot with the diagonals as others have said. It feels a little dark for me too though.
Your shot for pleasure is lovely. Perfect exposure and I can feel the warmth from here :)
Tools is another excellent shot. Lovely high contrast that really suits it.

Thanks Lee

Smashing image Pete!:clap:
I love the detail in these fine, precision tools, and it's very nicely processed too, with great lighting!
I can certainly sympathise with you regarding cloning out scratches and dust etc...it's a nightmare isn't it?:LOL:
I like the very subtle highlights on the background however...gives it some nice depth.

Thank you for your comments Gareth.

Good composition and sharp. Suits b/w. Great work.

Thanks Bob.

Lovely mono image with a great composition , love the subtle reflections.

Hi Mark, thanks for your Comments

Excellent shot - nice contrast. Love the subtle reflection.

Thank you Helen.
Nicely laid out and lit. I like the framing too.

Hi Pete, thank you for your comments.

Pete

Hi Pete, Lovely mono shot, the way the thumb print is still evident on the end of the rule of the calipers is brilliant.

Very nice monochrome image, Pete, and I like the way you have arranged the items on the diagonals. I know how tricky it can be to use a black reflective base so you've done well with that too.

Thanks Andrea, They are a night mare, only used it a few times and it's badly scratched, just as well it was only A4 sized. Next one will be bigger, when I get somewhere to store it properly.

Pete

Good use of the small aperture to keep the Rangie (I think) in focus as well as the can.
Quite crunchy editing... Some halos around the tress. I think from bringing the sky to life a bit?

I too thought it was the car that had been discarded until I scrolled down but I found it. I like the low Pov

I like the angle of the shot but a bit spoiled by the haloes round the trees and hedges.

Like the low POV and the way everything is kept in focus.

Nice shot.. as already said the sky is a little distracting but then we can't order the weather and its been flat and grey all week in the east.

And why wouldn't anyone discard a Discovery?

:D

Apart from the sky its an image fit for the theme,
Would a contrasty B&W be better?

A bit over processed with the halos around the trees, but right on theme, and I like the low PoV the large DoF.

Note to @Cobra full-fat Red Bull is the only version that should be sold.

Good take on the theme I like the inclusion of the discovery in the BG

Works well, especially with the inclusion of the freelander. I might have been tempted to crop out a bit more of the sky.

Bang on theme, sadly a common sight in the gutter these days. The rain and dampness gave the tarmac clarity, great DOF.

It shows discarded well and I quite like the inclusion of the car.

Discarded is a nice shot, good lines in that, snappers choice works for the technique for sure.

Works perfectly for the technique Pete.

Seems B & W images are the in thing this year, love the use of the diagonals in the cinema image, the steps lead you right up to the subject. Tools are nice and sharp, are they something you use ???? are you an engineer or something ???. Silhouette is spot on for technique, and another B & W image to boot :)

Back