weekly Seaodysseys 52 for the New Decade Wk51 and 52 Showcase and Decorations

My Hidden Image

Wk23 Hidden by Peter, on Flickr

I have not taken a photo of something hidden, I have taken a Photo while I was hidden, so turned it around, I like the slight OOF of the subjuct, gives a peeping pete sort of look.

Pete

A busy shot Pete and reflects modern life in many households.

Thanks Pete so true

Nice collection of remotes, do you want to buy some more we have plenty

Thanks but NoThanks Allan

Great take on the theme as Pete says reflects modern like but do they A all work and b do you know what they all control :D

Hi Mark

A) Yes they do all work and B) I do know what they control, but there are so many buttons on them which I don't use. :):)

I'm sure there are many, many households with plenty of items like that squirrelled away in drawers etc, no longer in use and surplus to requirements. A nice image that is an honest reflection on life today, in a small way - nicely done.

Thanks Jim
Hi Pete, I bet we all have those! Works well in b&w.

Hi Clive, where would we be with out remotes, using an app no doubt.
Everyone else: Look at the Remotes
Me: Keyboard !

Hi Tim, yes keyboards have been a large part of my life, at least 50 years not counting typewriters.

Nice scene for liquid. Looks like a very relaxing place.
A clever image for household. All those buttons and keys!! Nice mono processing.

Thanks Lee
Looks like the contents of my teenager's floor. Well thought out and nicely taken.

Hi Bob, not missing the Teenagers floors, in my time is was dirty washing mainly.
I know the feeling behind this shot well... I've lost count of the discussions / arguments about where the remotes are!

Works nicely in B&W.

Hi Shugpug

So you are not the keeper of remotes in your home!o_Oo_O

Thanks everyone for taking time to comment.

Pete

The subject is nicely framed and hidden behind the leaves Pete.

Good idea for the theme. I would imagine quite a few people feel like hiding from their nearest and dearest these days ;)

Household items
I think black and white is the right choice, it could all be a bit too busy in colour.

Hidden
Nice framing with the foliage.

That's an interesting take on the theme Pete and one I would never have thought of. I like the way the subject is oof.

The subject is nicely framed and hidden behind the leaves Pete.
Hi Chris
Thanks for your feedback.
A hobby of yours? Nice idea hidden from the other perspective

Hi Allan
That would be telling.
Good idea for the theme. I would imagine quite a few people feel like hiding from their nearest and dearest these days ;)
Hi Helen
:giggle:(y):whistle: Thanks for your Comments.
Clever take on the theme for hidden...dont get caught!

Hi Clive, I won't, thank you for taking the time to comment.

Great take on the theme

Thank you Shugpug
Clever take on the theme Pete I like it.

Hi Mark, Thank you.
No Model M keyboard there though? Buckling Spring FTW.
Interesting shot for Hidden - I wouldn't have thought to go oof with the subject, but somehow it does work doesn't it :)

Thanks Tim, I thought it would work when I had taken it, didn't bother taking another one as had to clear up after Dudley the Dog
Household items
I think black and white is the right choice, it could all be a bit too busy in colour.

Hidden
Nice framing with the foliage.

Thanks Dom, Yes B&W simplified the Image somewhat and the remotes are black anyway.
That's an interesting take on the theme Pete and one I would never have thought of. I like the way the subject is oof.

Thank you Pete, it suddenly dawned on me that there where 2 sides to being Hidden.

Works for me. Nice different PoV.

Bob Thank You.

For Week24 Small

A Small Tank.
It's been 50 years since I have made any model kits, It has been sitting on a shelf waiting for time to make it, well I have nearly completed it, I just need to give the paint some weathering coats and I need some different coloured paints for that. I have to decide what colours to order. Here is the model in its current state.

Wk24 Small Tank by Peter, on Flickr

I have had to add some bits to make it look like my Dads Tank in WW2. I have added the Turret Boxes each side and the spare wheel on the back of the turret and also the ammo box at the back. I also added the gun covers and cut the figure to make it look like my Dad as in the next photo.

Duffel Bag by Peter, on Flickr

This is a Photo of my Dad and his tank in WW2, not sure where it was taken. He hand coloured the B&W Photo.
I can't date the photo but it would have been after DDay. He landed on Gold Beach a couple of days after the first assult, He was then in the "2nd Northamptonshire Yeomany" C Squadron which was in the 11th Armoured Division( The Bulls), he was the commander of the Tank, which he named "Duffel Bag" At the end of July he secured an intact bridge behind German Lines, which was used the next day by the Americans to break through the German Lines. That Bridge is now called "The Bulls Bridge". In August what was left of the 2ndNY was transferred to other Regiments, He ended up in the 1st Royal Tank Regiment which was part of the 7th Armoured Division (The Desert Rats) where he was on a British Pathe newsreel film entering Hamburg.

He was present at the Victory Parade in Berlin, - his Tank at this time was called "Another Duffel Bag" as shown here
https://adesertratstale.wordpress.com/berlin/

Pete

That's an interesting back story and a great tribute too, Pete :)

Fab stuff - both shots and the story to go with them :)

Love the back story. So nice to have such a detailed and documented history. Great mock up photo too.. but I do love your dad's hand coloured version. Excellent

An excellent shot for small Pete, and great modelling skills, hope you will show us the results after the weathering. Is it a Cromwell?

Week 25 Snappers Choice - Whisky Mac

Wk25 Snappers Choice - Whisky Mac by Peter, on Flickr

Another First, I have bought a cheapist LED light and made a DIY Soft Box out of a cardboard removals box and some greaseproof paper and set it up in the garage, I used a slate tile leant againt the greaseproof paper and used wet and dry paper to place the glass on. I used a led torch to shine into the drink. I had to clone out loads of dust spots on the glass, the garage could do with s sweep out.

Pete

Definitely points for creativity and a good result. Is that your Snappers Choice of tipple??

A nice creative image Pete (y)

Just a suggestion I can see hints of light ripples, if you increase the dark's in levels they disappear.

Hi Pete,

Small - You've done a really good job of setting that up to look like the photo. Would love the see the finished weathered product. The angle and perspective do a good job of making the model almost appear full size.
Snappers Choice - That's a creative use of what you have available, top banana! I do like the effect of the wet n dry and slate to give a light vs dark look to the shot.

Definitely points for creativity and a good result. Is that your Snappers Choice of tipple??

Well of course it is, must be Crabbies Ginger Wine.

A nice creative image Pete (y)

Just a suggestion I can see hints of light ripples, if you increase the dark's in levels they disappear.

Hi Chris, I see what you mean, much cleaner blacks, Thanks.

Hi Pete,

Small - You've done a really good job of setting that up to look like the photo. Would love the see the finished weathered product. The angle and perspective do a good job of making the model almost appear full size.
Snappers Choice - That's a creative use of what you have available, top banana! I do like the effect of the wet n dry and slate to give a light vs dark look to the shot.

Thanks Tim, I wanted to try it out before buying, just need to clear the garage out a bit to get more space.

I love the back-story to this. And what a great example of a hand-coloured shot.

Thank you Shugpug for your comments.

Pete

Two really good shots Pete, but the 2nd nails it for me as it is actually beautiful.

Thank you for your kind comments Dave
That's an interesting back story and a great tribute too, Pete :)

Thanks Chris
What a great scale model and an absolutely fantastic story to go with it. On top of that it's a fine photograph.
Fab stuff - both shots and the story to go with them :)
Great shot. Love the depth of field and composition... even though it's copied :ROFLMAO: and a fascinating back story.
Love the back story. So nice to have such a detailed and documented history. Great mock up photo too.. but I do love your dad's hand coloured version. Excellent
Great miniature photo and a great photo, story for the second shot.

Thank You all for your comments, it has been interesting trying to find out about my dad in the War, as he has not been with us for so long. I remember seeing his cap badges when I was very young and finding bits of info and looking at old photos that my brother had it's all slowly fitting into place. I will go down to the National archieves after I retire and see if I can follow more of his War.

Pete.

Small. A well made model which sits nicely in the background and a lovely story behind it.
Snapper's Choice. Nicely done with the equipment you had available.

Very nice. I like how the lions look like they're standing on the ice cube.
I've looked a few times now and I think the glass needed twisting to the right a little.

Snappers choice - the symmetry and almost too perfect ice cubes makes for a somewhat surrealistic effect - I like it.

Small No 2 for me I really like the processing and extra detail you've added.

Snappers Choice: Very nicely executed as Clive says it looks like an advert.

There's a lot hitting your eyes and certainly gives the impression of abundance. Very wide angle lens?

I like the nature shot, it certainly draws my eye in! :)

Back