Weekly Seaodysseys 52 for the New Decade Wk37 Activity

Fuji Dave

Teacher's Pet
Name
FUJI SON
Edit My Images
No
Beautifully lit teasel Pete, totally nailed the shot and lighting.

Name
Dominic
Edit My Images
Yes
Texture
That's full of textures, shapes and tones. I think I would have used a reflector to throw a bit of light back on to the dark side. Not too much, because I like the contrast between the two sides.

OP
seaodyssey
Name
Pete
Edit My Images
Yes
Nice, simple, uncluttered and plenty of detail (y)
Beautifully lit teasel Pete, totally nailed the shot and lighting.
Theme and technique sorted, really nice composition and lit well, looks very good against the black background.
Beautifully lit and composed.
Nice piece of lighting Pete and well framed.
Nicely lit, plain and simple Pete (y)
Really well lit and highlights the texture perfectly. Nice picture
Texture
That's full of textures, shapes and tones. I think I would have used a reflector to throw a bit of light back on to the dark side. Not too much, because I like the contrast between the two sides.
Simple but very effective composition. The side lighting works well for me.
Thank you all for taking a look and adding comments.

Pete

minx

Papillon
Edit My Images
Yes
Bit of a catch up on comments I really like your cacti shots flora with the juxtaposition of the soft petals among the sharp spines and the Stunning Blooms in your colourful shot.
The high key crab apple blossom has an icy feel to it and the red really pops and the pink blossom is very pink indeed. Your Time shot is poignant and so fitting.
Music is cleverly done and liquid is very green and tranquil I like them both. I like the static windmill and the light in your pattern shot. and the teasel for texture is nicely lit too,

OP
seaodyssey
Name
Pete
Edit My Images
Yes
Always gotta love a bit of waterways life. Letterbox suits it. Only comment would be to ask if you tried croping in on the right a bit more, to give the impression of more space on the left.
I did try that but I thought that the towpath and edge of the canal lost impact being so close to the edge.

Pete

Reactions: LC2
OP
seaodyssey
Name
Pete
Edit My Images
Yes
Nice composition with the leading lines and bridge in the distance. A lovely calm feeling to this image.
Very peaceful Pete. (y)
Walking canals is a very relaxing activity, very nice shot.
The peaceful side of activity - nicely composed.
A lovely, “gentle” photo...
A lovely tranquil scene Pete. My sort of activity.

Thank you all for your kind comments.

Pete