weekly Seaodysseys 52 for the New Decade Wk51 and 52 Showcase and Decorations

That certainly makes you sit back and take in mother nature so bang on theme.

I came here to post on the whisky shot, but I think you’ve drunk it already ha ha!
Very nice lighting and looks inviting.

It did not last long.
Small. A well made model which sits nicely in the background and a lovely story behind it.
Snapper's Choice. Nicely done with the equipment you had available.

Thanks Pete
Very nice. I like how the lions look like they're standing on the ice cube.
I've looked a few times now and I think the glass needed twisting to the right a little.

Thanks Dom, I think you are right
Snappers choice - the symmetry and almost too perfect ice cubes makes for a somewhat surrealistic effect - I like it.

Thanks Phil, the Ice cubes are solid metal you keep in the freezer, stops diluting the drink.
That's nice, looks an advert.​
Small No 2 for me I really like the processing and extra detail you've added.

Snappers Choice: Very nicely executed as Clive says it looks like an advert.
Thank you Mark

All comments welcomed and appreciated.
Pete

There's a lot hitting your eyes and certainly gives the impression of abundance. Very wide angle lens?

Hi Graham, Thank you for your comments, It was a very wide, Sigma 12-24zoom on FF.

It looks a little busy, but it does show mother nature well.

Thank you for your comments Dom.
I like the nature shot, it certainly draws my eye in! :)
Thank you rick
That certainly makes you sit back and take in mother nature so bang on theme.

Thank you Helen

It was not the intended shot, I had planned on loads of wild flowers / cowslips in a long grass meadow, but there was an unseen raindrop on the lens and due to its location it spoilt all the following photos I took. With possible rain forecast for Thursday I subitted the only clean image, which I did like anyway.

Pete

It’s a bit busy as has been mentioned difficult to focus on anything in particular

Whilst I agree that it is busy and really hits you in the eye - I also really like it. There's enough depth in the photo, and enough of an impression of leading lines with the fall off in the trees, to lead your eye in.

Something to focus on at that focus point would be the cherry on top.

Sorry, but I struggle with this, there is no obvious focal point to the shot.
Perhaps in a different light (some god rays maybe?) or something in the shot to draw your attention.
As it stands, you attention is drawn to the two uninteresting bits of sky through the trees (without a focal point, your eye will be drawn to the brightest part of the image).

Sorry, but I struggle with this, there is no obvious focal point to the shot.
Perhaps in a different light (some god rays maybe?) or something in the shot to draw your attention.
As it stands, you attention is drawn to the two uninteresting bits of sky through the trees (without a focal point, your eye will be drawn to the brightest part of the image).

The Image was to show Mother Nature as a theme, the braches and river take you into the picture. Not every one sees the same thing so I have another version with a suitable focal point.

Wk26 Mother Nature 2 by Peter, on Flickr

:D:D:D

so I have another version with a suitable focal point.
Ah yes, far better(1) ;)
LOL

(1) - Except that's one of those strange copper domed GWR things and they don't count ;)

I know what you mean about it being an picture of nature, and tbh, it's hard to have a focal point.
My point was that without a clear draw for your eyes, you are naturally drawn to the lightest point(s) of the image, in this case the sky.
Dunno what you could do about it though...
Maybe like this? (Couldn't find any dark tunnels in my photos, so a couple of bridges had to do ;) )
Seaodesey.jpg

Week 27 Sign.

Not seeing much out and about at the moment. but went to the local town and took this with my phone, it fits the theme and I like the colours.

Wk27 Sign by Peter, on Flickr

Pete

Nice sign. Vague memories of establishments like that!

Nice and colourful Pete, it fits right in

Cool sign and I love both foxes and hounds!
Nice sign. Vague memories of establishments like that!
Me too
That's a nice colourful sign Pete.
Very nice simple pub sign - is it open yet :LOL:

Possibly, It is very small inside, used to get packed on Fridau nights with the live music, now with social distancing I would imagine there is only room for 4 tables, but they do have a garden out the back.
Nice and colourful Pete, it fits right in
Hi , nice to see a proper pub sign. Nice and colourful too.

Thank you all for the comments.

Pete

Week 28 Secure

Wk28 Secure by Peter, on Flickr

There was a locked gate next to the bidge, but I could not get the angle right, so up on the bridge and a shot through the security fence.

Pete

Nice image of the train through the fence although I think I would have cropped the top a bit so you didn't see the sky, just fence. And maybe a slither off the left to balance the bars across. But neither of those things detract from a really good shot.

The composition leads the eye right through the image. Works for me.

Sign - Nice image as you say the colours make it.

Secure - A different take on the theme I like it

Nice idea Pete, it fits right in (y)

Onwards and upwards, this is my shot for week 29 Personal

Wk29 Personal by Peter, on Flickr

A bit of a snapshot, but it's all personal stuff.
I won't be needing the work id card much longer as I have decided to retire at the begining of Sept, so will have more time to comment on here after I have finished SWIMBO's long list of jobs to do.

Pete
PS the blue spot on the wallet is actually there.

Good take on the theme. Good luck with the retiremement!

Retirement, if only I could do it any time soon, alas I have a good few years to go before I get there.
A good collection of items for personal.

Great idea for personal Pete and have a happy retirement (y)

A very personal collection for the theme. Good luck with the retirement - I'm down to 1 day per week now so getting closer :)

Having had a couple of months off after being made redundant, I really wish I could be with you on the retirement thing. Unfortunately I'm now back at work :/

Subject works for the theme. I think there is probably a better angle / composition in there, I don't think the top down shot really works.
Dunno, but I may have tried standing the subjects up / balancing them on each other and shooting at them horizontally or perhaps upwards.
Like I say, dunno if it would work, and you may even have tried it and discarded it.

Works for me Pete enjoy 'retirement' although it sounds like that list of jobs might be a long one

Good take on the theme. Good luck with the retiremement!
Very good. I also wish you a happy and long retirement.
Retirement, if only I could do it any time soon, alas I have a good few years to go before I get there.
A good collection of items for personal.
Nicely taken - and hits the theme beautifully.
Bang on theme Pete.
On theme, I was wishing I could retire while furloughed but a few years to go yet!
Great idea for personal Pete and have a happy retirement (y)
A very personal collection for the theme. Good luck with the retirement - I'm down to 1 day per week now so getting closer :)
Works for me Pete enjoy 'retirement' although it sounds like that list of jobs might be a long one

Thank you all for your good wishes re my retirement, much appreciated and your comments.

Pete

Back