weekly Seaodysseys 52 for the New Decade Wk51 and 52 Showcase and Decorations

Having had a couple of months off after being made redundant, I really wish I could be with you on the retirement thing. Unfortunately I'm now back at work :/

Subject works for the theme. I think there is probably a better angle / composition in there, I don't think the top down shot really works.
Dunno, but I may have tried standing the subjects up / balancing them on each other and shooting at them horizontally or perhaps upwards.
Like I say, dunno if it would work, and you may even have tried it and discarded it.

Hi Tim,

I could not get the items to stand up, they kept falling over :)
I won't have to worry about redundancy any more, but I feel for you having being through it twice myself.

Pete

Reactions: LC2
For Last Week Graceful

I have two images, one is an archived shot and the other one is a seagull.

Wk30 Graceful by Peter, on Flickr

Wk30 Graceful by Peter, on Flickr
This was taken while I was away in Suffolk, they where low down trying to nick the bait that the crabbers at Walberswick where using. I know someone Allan.H has a seagull posted.

I'm leaning towards the wakeboarding shot more at the moment.

Pete

Nice surfing shot Pete,
As is the windmill :)

Liking the surf shot, but got to love a good windmill.

Thank you Dave.
Nice surfing shot Pete,
As is the windmill :)

Thanks Chris
Great surfing shot - and very nice for static. Shame to see a nice old building no longer used for anything.

The old Building does open to the public now and again and has been refurbished.
Two nice shots there. Interesting sky with the mill.

Hi Helen, Just caught the sky, it was threatning to rain, but we only had a few drops.
Very much like your water skier, nicely timed shot.
Static is a nice view, with windmill framed by the trees.

Thank You Clive for your comments.
Both on theme both nicely captured. I thought the sails as the static part.
Hi David, the sails where also Static.
Graceful
Good action shot.

Static
Nicely control exposure of the sky.

Thank you Dom

Week 32 Pattern

Corrrr is flipping hot, so after strugging to make some patterns out of rolled up paper and using a LED light to give an interesting effect, I gave up and have raided my archive again.
This is a picture from Portugal at a small villa we had in 2014.

Wk32 Pattern by Peter, on Flickr

Pete

There is definitely a pattern there. It works well Pete.

Well caught on the Pike Pete.
I never had any luck with that sort of thing.

Pattern has nice strong lines, and I like the angle too.
Pike can be really difficult to spot, this looks like a young one, where did you spot it?
Well caught on the Pike Pete.
I never had any luck with that sort of thing.

You just need to be in the right place at the right time.:D

Where I used to go Diving in Milton Keynes, there were lots of young fish about in the reeds at the edge of the so called Blue Lagoon in Bletchley. Would have been no more than 2 metres under water.

Pete

Where I used to go Diving in Milton Keynes, there were lots of young fish about in the reeds at the edge of the so called Blue Lagoon in Bletchley. Would have been no more than 2 metres under water.
I know the bluey very well, Pete. (y)
Fished it many times as a kid, walked the dogs there when they were still with me

& BSAC. That would have been around '81-'82

I know the bluey very well, Pete. (y)
Fished it many times as a kid, walked the dogs there when they were still with me

& BSAC. That would have been around '81-'82
I did not start diving until 1995 and joined mksac (BSAC) a few years later and used the Bluey many many times. I stopped diving about 6 years back.

Pete

Patterns - works well for the theme
Camouflage - great shot of the little pike
Patterns - I kinda feel it wants a bit more contrast, but that may have been exactly how it was.
Camouflage - Quick off the mark with that one - Stands out well even though he blends in well.
Camouflage
They really are well camouflaged, which helps when you're stealthy hunter.

Thank you for taking time to comment.

Pete

Tiny
That is a tiny screw or should I say bolt. It's well placed on the bigger bolt.

Cool shot on the Pike, have not seen one since my school days.
All good stuff recently! Great idea for Tiny with juxtaposition technique.
Tiny
That is a tiny screw or should I say bolt. It's well placed on the bigger bolt.

I saw that.

Glad I saw this as it will help me for the Tech when I do it. Very nicely placed on the bigger one.
Nicely done Pete and well fitted in to theme and technique.
Nicely done, I like the surface detail you have captured. Great for theme and technique...and gave me an idea too.

Thank you for your comments, much appriciated..

Pete

For my Snappers Choice

Wk35 Snappers Choice by Peter, on Flickr

This was taken while going for Dudleys walk yesterday, you can just about see the path over the river.
Taken with my phone, great camera for a small price, no Raw as far as I can see, but it does most things and fits in a pocket as well.

Pete

Last edited:
Nice set of Teasels :)

Back