weekly Seaodysseys 52 for the New Decade Wk51 and 52 Showcase and Decorations

Nicely lit, plain and simple Pete (y)

Texture
That's full of textures, shapes and tones. I think I would have used a reflector to throw a bit of light back on to the dark side. Not too much, because I like the contrast between the two sides.

Nice, simple, uncluttered and plenty of detail (y)
Beautifully lit teasel Pete, totally nailed the shot and lighting.
Theme and technique sorted, really nice composition and lit well, looks very good against the black background.
Beautifully lit and composed.
Nice piece of lighting Pete and well framed.
Nicely lit, plain and simple Pete (y)
Really well lit and highlights the texture perfectly. Nice picture
Texture
That's full of textures, shapes and tones. I think I would have used a reflector to throw a bit of light back on to the dark side. Not too much, because I like the contrast between the two sides.
Simple but very effective composition. The side lighting works well for me.

Thank you all for taking a look and adding comments.

Pete

Bit of a catch up on comments I really like your cacti shots flora with the juxtaposition of the soft petals among the sharp spines and the Stunning Blooms in your colourful shot.
The high key crab apple blossom has an icy feel to it and the red really pops and the pink blossom is very pink indeed. Your Time shot is poignant and so fitting.
Music is cleverly done and liquid is very green and tranquil I like them both. I like the static windmill and the light in your pattern shot. and the teasel for texture is nicely lit too,

Very peaceful Pete. (y)

Always gotta love a bit of waterways life. Letterbox suits it. Only comment would be to ask if you tried croping in on the right a bit more, to give the impression of more space on the left.
I did try that but I thought that the towpath and edge of the canal lost impact being so close to the edge.

Pete

Reactions: LC2
Nice composition with the leading lines and bridge in the distance. A lovely calm feeling to this image.
Very peaceful Pete. (y)
Walking canals is a very relaxing activity, very nice shot.
The peaceful side of activity - nicely composed.
A lovely, “gentle” photo...
A lovely tranquil scene Pete. My sort of activity.

Thank you all for your kind comments.

Pete

Pretend Pooch is ace :)

Hi Pete not visited for a long time, apologies. your canal shot is lovely for activity, everything leads you into the image.
What a great dog you have there, perfect for the theme and looks very realistic.

Week39 Autumn

Wk39 Autumn2 by Peter, on Flickr

Autumn is not very colourful here yet, so here is what I found while taking Dudley for his walk..

I will get around to comments later, off to Lyme Regis in a minute and onto Polperro for a week tomorrow.
Pete

Looking at my Image maybe I should have cropped out the top part due to it been a bit out of focus.

Pete

Pretend Pooch is ace :)
Thanks Dave

He's lovely and bang on theme.

Thank you Helen for your comments
He's quite realistic isn't he. Nicely shot, DoF is good and the background is oof enough to not be distracting :)

Hi Tim
Thank you for your considered comment
Artificial
That's a very detailed doggy sculpture.
Thank you Dom
Hi Pete not visited for a long time, apologies. your canal shot is lovely for activity, everything leads you into the image.
What a great dog you have there, perfect for the theme and looks very realistic.

Thank you for your comments Roger, no need to apologise, I'm finding it difficult to comment this year, just don't seem to have enough time.

Pete

Activity - a nice scene, very relaxed looking but it seems a little over-sharpened to me(?)
Artificial - thats a pretty realistic model, nice composition
Autumn - nice composition and bang on theme, good colours too

Another nice autumn collage :)

It works for me Pete (y)

Autumn
Nothing wrong with the oof bit. Good colours and depicts autumn well.

Great idea and nice framing on the pooch shot Pete.
I might have cropped a bit out of the top of the autumn shot but then again, I do crop too much sometimes.

Just back from a week without wifi, here is my WET Photo.

Wk40 Wet by Peter, on Flickr
Taken handheld before the rain came down, rest of the week was just as wet.

Pete

Last edited:
Hi Pete,

Autumn - I think we have sufficient autumn colour in this for the shot to work for the theme :)
Wet - I hope that's a harbour, and not boats mooring up on the high street after some incredibly wet weather ;)
Not really much you could do, but I would have loved to have seen a low golden sun in that shot too.

Not really much you could do, but I would have loved to have seen a low golden sun in that shot too.

Me too, apart from I took the shot facing east. I was hoping to be able to go back a later when it was darker and more lights where on in the houses, but it decided to get wetter.

Pete

Back