weekly Seaodyssey's 52ers for 2018 Week51 Party

Yup, so many in there - exceptional effort gone in to this one and I applaud you :clap::clap::clap:

Love this image - so much on theme
Thanks Ian

How many overs did you spot. Just to see how close you came.

Pete

Blimey, depends if they are all interpreted as I see 'em
Overdose as in ending it with tablets
Bottle of grouse tipped over
Overdue letter (I think)
One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest (clever)
Eggs Over Easy (possibly)
Flowers have had it
Over indulged (needing the effervescent tablets)

Where did you drag Bill Oddie out from for that shot? ;)
The main thread has this linked as 'stark', which threw me a bit, bbut once I realised it was for (hung)Over it made more sense :)

Very different idea from your first shots. Well staged scene good capture

Stark - both good images but, dudley just has the edge good idea for the theme.

Over - nice set of images but on looking at them my eyes immediately drawn to the dust spots I can see in the sky, looks like a sensor clean is needed, as for the image a little bit of cloning will sort that out. they all fit the theme, but the third image has a much more interesting composition.

Thanks Mandy, I had not spotted those spots on the sensor, I know what I will be doing this weekend.

Blimey, depends if they are all interpreted as I see 'em
Overdose as in ending it with tablets
Bottle of grouse tipped over
Overdue letter (I think)
One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest (clever)
Eggs Over Easy (possibly)
Flowers have had it
Over indulged (needing the effervescent tablets)

There are a lot more on there, and all above are correct so far.

I will give one of the more difficult ones to spot.

Over coat over the back of the chair that Bill Oddy is sitting on.

Last edited:
Over is rather a powerful image. i do like the set up, esp the expression. maybe not leaving it in colour thinking of the theme, but its your image and well done (y)

All the Overs in my last Picture.

Bill Oddy (that is me by the way) has a HangOVER and is thinking an OVERdose of pills may help, He has also OVERindulged with his food.

On the Plate, Egg OVER easy, part is Flopped OVER, The sausage and toast are OVER Cooked and the Knife and fork are crossed Over.
The book is cOVERed and already mentioned is "One Flew OVER the Cuckoo's Nest".
The OVERdraft Letter is from a Branch in WendOVER.
The Glass has Whisky OVER ice in it.The Bottle of Grouse has fallen/tipped OVER.
There are 2 napkins on the table, one is Folded OVER and is placed OVER the other one.
The Flowers are OVER and need chucking out.
There is an OVER coat Over the back of the chair I'm sitting on.
The Photo has also been OVER Sharpened and is OVER saturated as well.

That is 20 OVERS in one Photo.I was going to try and include HandOVER as well, but it did not work out that well.

Pete.

Last edited:
Nice idea (hungover was my first thought), nicely staged.

But I've been wondering about a massive crop????

... taking off the top of his head, one elbow, half the penguin book and most of the branby bottle ... just a thought.

Last edited:
Thanks for the comments Dave, Lee, Mark and John

That was straight out of the camera apart from a bit of keystone correction and levels adjustment to increase contrast..
It is next to a church built out of sandstone and the diffused light from all the clouds gave the nice colours.

Good colour and texture, sharp on the writing (engraving) (y). But just wondering about the surroundings and why it's so central in the frame. o_O

Good colour and texture, sharp on the writing (engraving) (y). But just wondering about the surroundings and why it's so central in the frame. o_O

I was keeping the modern things out of the picture, like a lamppost on the left and on the right there is just so much brick wall. This part of the graveyard is not very picturesque and this was the only headstone where the text was readable.

I am still catching up on all the entries so far..

People I like, though its a bit chaotic with the reflections. I think I prefer the last shot you posted on that theme.
Great image of your dog for Stark.
Over I think would look nice in mono, and of the shots you took, I think the first is the best..
Over, I love the total overkill of the theme :) . Very well put together.
Age, nice enough image, and on theme, but it's difficult to make out the writing. Nice colours though. I think a lower viewpoint would have improved the composition.

Thanks Jon for your comments.

Age, nice enough image, and on theme, but it's difficult to make out the writing. Nice colours though. I think a lower viewpoint would have improved the composition.

You should have seen the other headstones.

Great colour and texture, and I like it that it's a tad over processed!

Sharp works better in B&W in my opinion, and these leaves look indeed sharp!

They vertically look sharp

I thank the colour works the best I agree with Allan the B&W appears a little flat.

Having a look on Flickr and here the B&W does look better on Flickr.
What do others think?

Two very nice Sharp presentations Sir, liking both of them very much and right on theme.(y)

George.

Colour sharp for me Pete, it just looks better against the nice blue sky.

Two very nice Sharp presentations Sir, liking both of them very much and right on theme.(y)

George.

Excellent shot, with the colour one just edging it.

Thanks Dave, George and Lee,

The colours are complementary, Blue and dark orange (I know its brown but it's close enough) so that works in its favour.

simple ... rich brown tones and blue sky ... works a treat. (y)

Sharp
Good contrast between the sky and plant, I prefer the colour version.

Age - looks like you had a nice sunny day I like th colour tones.
Sharp - I like the colour version it stands out better from the sky.

I think the mono gives better edge definition, but its so nice to see a blue sky again I like the coloour....

Hi Pete,

Age - It must have been well tended to still be that clear after 180 years or so. Sad that thye both died within 3 months at what we would consider a young age these days (but was probably doing well back then).
Nice Colours.
Sharp - Colour for me.

For this weeks theme I found it quite hard to find good subjects, mainly due to the very cloudy featureless sky.
I have 4 photos.
The 3 outdoor ones are taken today(lunchtime) around the overflow to Willen Lake in Milton Keynes with the fully featureless sky.
[url=https://flic.kr/p/21N7Q3b]Guard Rail by Peter, on Flickr[/URL]

[url=https://flic.kr/p/21N7PQN]Safety Guards by Peter, on Flickr[/URL]

[url=https://flic.kr/p/ETWXxc]Safety Guard Rail by Peter, on Flickr[/URL]

They are in order of which I like.
The weather forecast looks better tomorrow with some sunshine, so I may try and retake them, just hope the Swans are still there.

This next one was taken yesterday, I was hoping to take the picture through the fireguard and having the flames etc behind nice and sharp, however the holes in the guard are very small and must cut out an aweful lot of the light from the flame. I tried various settings, non of which produced an image I was really after. With out the fireguard no problem.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/ETWXQr]FireGuard by Peter, on Flickr[/URL]
http://[url=https://flic.kr/p/ETWXQ...m/photos/94017719@N05/]Peter[/url], on Flickr
Pete

Very prolific not sure which one to choose so I won’t, leaning towards the fire just for the colour maybe

I really like the fire one, for the colours as well, plus it is almost abstract which I am biased towards anyway.

Back