weekly Seaodyssey's 52ers for 2018 Week51 Party

I have not been able to give feedback to others over this past week or so, due to being a bit busy. Hopefully next week will allow catch up on feed backs.

I like wall shadow and tree shadow. I like how there's leaves at the top of the tree shadow

Shadow works a treat for me! The wall one that is.

I have posted the orginal Wall shadow Image. I was lucky to go for a different walk on Friday Lunch time and found lots of Shadows to take, Thank you Mr Sun Shine.
Glad I did, only shadows this week seem to be wet.
Pete

Straight - lots of straightness there good symmetry too.
Shadow - lots of good shadows I particularly like the the shadow on the wall and agree it looks better with out the wall and light , size isn't everything.

"Excellent" set of Shadow shots Sir, all on theme with #2 & #5 being my fav's.(y)

George.

For Beautiful, I have 2 Images.
A flowering cherry tree from our front garden, and which the sun popped out for a few seconds just at the right time yesterday.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/26HxVAC]Wk17 Beautiful Flowering Cherry Tree by Peter, on Flickr[/URL]

and more for interest, this is the first time I have seen this cactus flower, still a bit early but beautiful little flowers, the rest of the cactus is just plain ugly.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/26MkNmg]Wk17 Beautiful Cactus by Peter, on Flickr[/URL]

We have another cactus which has big flowers every year, but its a little bit early, they are very small and not close to opening yet.

Pete

Nice shot for low Peter, bang on theme. Always remember to check for spots/sensor dust though.

Not much I can do with the sensor Dave, it was taken on a Canon G11 compact camera and cropped on my rubbish laptop with it's rubbish screen, now I'm back at work I can see the spots.

Thanks for your comments as always

Pete

Nice minimalist sunset :)

Hi Pete,

Beautiful - The cherry tree for me. I love the pale pinks. I also like the composition with it diagonal across teh frame.

Low - Very nicely done. Far better than the shot I attempted that actually had the setting sun in it.
@Dave70D must have a spotless monitor to have found dust on your image. Took me bl00dy ages to find it in amongst all the carp on my display

Nice minimalist sunset :)

Thanks Dave.

Nicely done, great colours in the sky

Thanks Chris, I was lucky with the colours.

Yep, thats a nice shot, bit of PP and job jobbed....
Mark, thanks for your comments .

Nice sunset shot, love the cloudless red sky.
Stan, I did too, thanks for yoyr comments

Hi Pete,

Beautiful - The cherry tree for me. I love the pale pinks. I also like the composition with it diagonal across teh frame.

Low - Very nicely done. Far better than the shot I attempted that actually had the setting sun in it.
@Dave70D must have a spotless monitor to have found dust on your image. Took me bl00dy ages to find it in amongst all the carp on my display
Hi Tim, thanks for your comments, My Laptop screen is just like your display, But I found them at work.

Low ... woo nice and I approve of the letterbox crop. (y)

Thanks David, I love using the letterbox crop where possible.

Beautiful reds in that cloudless sky, Pete, and you've reminded me of what good results you can get from the little Canon G11 (y)
Hi Andrea, Thanks, the G11 does give good results but I find it hard to use, it only lets me use the settings I want to use sometimes. It must be the user interface.

We've had a few skies like that lately, stunning aren't they, a smashing view and perfect for the theme ....crop is spot on.
Thanks Susie

Great sunset. Not sure the sun could get any lower in the sky.
Thanks Ross, it disappered very quickly, I did get another shot but it was not as good.

beautiful - I prefer the first photo! The second one has potential and is something different, by for my taste the DoF is a bit too shallow and the image is a tad soft.
low - now that's a beautiful sunset, well captured (y)

Unattractive - both images work for me.
Shadow - wow plenty of images to choose from, the one that stands out the best for me is the the cropped version of the wall shadow with out the door in the image. I found the inclusion of the door in the image a bit distracting, and the black and white conversion suits the image.
Beautiful - I like the lovely pink on the Cherry blossom flowers, I do wonder if the focus could be improved upon a little.
Low - simple but yet effective, I really like the warming effect of those bright shades of orange in the sunset, a lovely capture.

Love that building. Nearly went to university there. Nice symmetry in the building. Good detail in the sky. My only small niggle is the Bush (might be a tree) cteeping in to the left of the frame. Dont know if that could be avoided though.

Oh to have been a good number of feet higher to be able to position those domes against the trees, and not the city.
That view must have been so much better when it was first built.
Excellent pano, you wouldn't know it was multiple files, there son't seem to be any artefacts or perspective issues. (y)

Love that building. Nearly went to university there. Nice symmetry in the building. Good detail in the sky. My only small niggle is the Bush (might be a tree) cteeping in to the left of the frame. Dont know if that could be avoided though.

Ross, Not much I could do about the tree top on the left, its been there quite a while. Yes it's a beautiful place, first time I have been.

Oh to have been a good number of feet higher to be able to position those domes against the trees, and not the city.
That view must have been so much better when it was first built.
Excellent pano, you wouldn't know it was multiple files, there son't seem to be any artefacts or perspective issues. (y)

I have uploaded the full pano to flickr, which is a bit wider.
Greenwich_Panorama2 by Peter, on Flickr

Last edited:
Beautiful - Both are indeed Beautiful I like the cactus because its more unusual to see.
Low - Fabulous sunset I like it.
Match - Great choice for the theme as other have said its a shame the domes are against the buildings behind not some greenery.

Great photo and great processing! I have to agree with Chris that the matching towers are a bit lost in the skyline, but what a panorama (y)

wooo ... I like the pano, a bit obscured by the green stuff but unusual London skyline. :)

For the theme, the towers taken from the other side - or indeed other side of the river - would work better. :exit:

Back