Beginner Seaside

I do enjoy a nice seaside!
One from last week, the sky looked particularly dusty.
Sony A6000, 55 - 210mm

i like the compostion...i can feel the space...perhaps some alteration in tonality...or whatever...
its definately your style
cheers
geof

After looking for a few seconds I concluded that your shot works rather well - very pleasing to the eye. A fine example of how simplicity can make a fine picture.

My personal preference would be to crop a little off the bottom. I suggest making the crop along the joint between the second and third rows of blocks. At least cut out the bottom row because part of it is stained by vegetation growth and that dark area tends to draw the eye. ................... (y)

I think your subject should be either one of the lighthouse of the fishermen but probably not both - I'd crop out the fishermen. I don't know if it was possible but I think it would've been nice to see a bit of sea at the bottom of the frame, it should've contrasted well with the colours in the sky and would add a bit more context. You need to remove the dust spots - there are two prominent ones, one near the centre and another on the upper left edge.

Thanks all
Dust spots! They're the bane of my flipping life at the minute, I keep forgetting to take it in for sensor cleaning, and completely forgot to clean them out of the image.
I hadn't thought to crop the bottom inch off, thank you , I agree, it would look much simpler.
Unfortunately, there was no hope for water at the bottom of image, as it was low tide so a drop of about 15 feet, lots of ugly brickwork lol.
In terms of going with either the fellas or the lighthouse, that's also a good idea, I'd probably go with the lighthouse I think. I do like a good lighthouse
Thanks all for having a look, and for such good and useful advice

Back