Critique SEAT shoot in Glencoe

LongLensPhotography

Th..th..that's all folks!
Name
[Censored] Fruitcake Bat
Edit My Images
No
These were originally meant for Autotrader, but then I once again forgot the car is not an offroader and got really carried away. The weather was really no good for landscapes, however I believe this gives a good chance for the car to stand out. All are done with 5DIII, 24-70mm II and CPL.

No2 has a bit of speedlite lighting added. I have a slightly different composition but it still needs some cloning out work to do. I didn't see much point posting boring interior shots... Oh and I guess the autotrader pics are best done near some rural church or Tesco car park to give them more "confidence"?

First image, great, I do like that, reflection, mountain in the background, doesn't get much better than that. The CPL has really paid off, not a reflection in the bodywork, just nice highlights on most of the shape, giving the car some depth.
Looks very "brochure" that shot and my favourite of the 3.

The 2nd image, could have done with you getting down a little lower, moving a little to the right so you still get the house in the background. The stand-up shot is a very standard photograph of a car, except for that whacking great mountain behind it :)

First one is stand out for me, great reflections and stunning background. I prefer the White balance in the first two, the cool look suits the scene better than the third IMO.

First and third for me, especially the first. Really good work. There’s a wonderful glow off the paintwork in the first.

An issue for me is, it just isn't an attractive car -- in my opinion. But hard to beat the location, that's for sure. Wonder how my Juke would look here... :)

First and third for me, especially the first. Really good work. There’s a wonderful glow off the paintwork in the first.

An issue for me is, it just isn't an attractive car -- in my opinion. But hard to beat the location, that's for sure. Wonder how my Juke would look here... :)

hence the Autotrader bit... :LOL: sure it is not the icon of design. I am sure the Juke will look great there (and more "at home" than this seat), and hopefully I'll get to take some nice SUV that way soon. There are some more great "car" locations if you continue north towards Kyle but it is quite a journey for day.

no 2 would have been a cracking landscape if the car was out of the frame

Good enough for Autotrader.
When making an auto photo in landscape I either take a landscape with a car in it or a dramatic angle on the car with a wonderful backdrop. Best to find the angle the car looks best from- not always easy.

Back