<span class="poty">POTY (Joint) 2016</span>
Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
Ashbourne_1814_23.jpg

Ashbourne_1802_27.jpg

Last edited:
I think the first shot there is absolutely magical. The lines and shapes are just wonderful, the trees against the patterns behind and the tiny figures......it's all wonderful.

thanks dazzajl thats very kind of you (y)

where do i send the fiver? :D

Can you tone down the sky a bit? I think that would balance the image out a bit more - I love the compositions but the sky is just too much for me - it removes focus from the landscape I feel...

Yes, I think they are great, but just a bit too heavy on the contrast in the sky... even for me LOL. #1 composition is superb.

i have tried that before but the sky goes a very drab middle grey colour, the clouds where wild at that particular time, i havent boosted them too much, they were very contrasty anyway, ill try again, plus my dad says i should darken around the whole thing to draw the eye in to the centre so i will try that too

Can you tone down the sky a bit? I think that would balance the image out a bit more - I love the compositions but the sky is just too much for me - it removes focus from the landscape I feel...

Completely agree,
These are nice shots but the sky is distracting me from the fantastic contrasty landscape. (y)

heres my final edit

Ashbourne_1814_25.jpg

Thats the one for me mate. Like it better with the people on the right for some reason. It changes the dynamic of the image, I don't know why.
Oh, and I like the sky as well, brooding and dangerous looking.

Andy

thanks andy, i am really happy with it now :) got this in my A3 folder

Thats the one for me mate. Like it better with the people on the right for some reason. It changes the dynamic of the image, I don't know why.
Oh, and I like the sky as well, brooding and dangerous looking.

Andy

we naturally read from left to right

Back