Critique Secret Tunnel

Very nicely done, if that's "all" I got out of a day I would be pretty chuffed.

That's hardly secret!!!
Hundreds of folk go down there every day and there have been dozens of shots of it on here - myself included.
Sorry!

Same here, really like what you've done here, you must set the bar sooo high if you're disappointed with just getting this shot !

Where's it then?

I think it's smashing:)! You've got your leading lines (and lights!) and all that good stuff! Very effective!

Not saying anything to me. Some days it's best not to bother and just enjoy the walk. :)

Last edited:
Thank you all for your comments. I appreciate that some would like it, that's why I posted.

Works for me Mark, well composed with nice lead in lines, good mono conversion giving a full range of tones with detail in the shadows & highlights.(y)

George.

Works for me Mark, well composed with nice lead in lines, good mono conversion giving a full range of tones with detail in the shadows & highlights.(y)

George.

Me too.

At the risk of upsetting the search engine police, which of the tunnels was it Mark? I'm guessing the Headstone Tunnel but there's at least six in that area to my knowledge.

Last edited:
Six tunnels on the map in the link you published. I think Mark was asking which one

Me too.

At the risk of upsetting the search engine police, which of the tunnels was it Mark? I'm guessing the Headstone Tunnel but there's at least six in that area to my knowledge.
I was at Monsal Head. Its the tunnel by the viaduct over the river Wye. The one that runs under the pub, hotel and cafe.

I really like it and I'd be chuffed if this was a bad day for me. It is screaming for a figure though..

I like it, it's like you're looking into the future :)

Love the black and white, doubt it would work in colour

Thumbs up from me as well

I definitely need to get over to the Peak District !

I agree with Dale, great shot but could be exceptional with the inclusion of a person.

I very much like this type of image. But in this case the foreground half of the picture doesn't seem to add very much. If it were me I would have cropped it. Nice conversion though.

I tried cropping it at the sides so the corners were on the white lines. Worked better for me although as posted works too.

Add me to the "like" list too.
Full range of tones from each end of the scale.
Loving the detail in the brickwork.
Didn't realise we had our own CERN Collider...

Back