Secure/anti vandal storage containers

Name
Carl
Edit My Images
Yes
Anyone ever hired one?

I don't need a large 40` nor probably? a 20 footer, maybe a 10x8 will be adequate, but I wondered what they cost inc delivery, for up to 12 months.

It will be used for household stuff while we build an extension, then when finished, I can get a garage erected where the container was. (can't put the garage up first)

Is this what you're looking for?

Yep, that's the sort of thing. (y) Seems cheap too.

NW of England though, so no idea what shipping costs would be.

I'll ring a couple of firms in the area, Manchester, Leeds etc. to see what they quote, now I have a ball-park idea of rental costs. Thanks.

Just wondering but do you need a license from the local authority to site one of those for a protracted period???

I THINK they would PROBABLY come under the "temporary erections" banner so wouldn't need planning permission if it was sited on Carl's property but I would advise he checks with his local authority just in case.

Just wondering but do you need a license from the local authority to site one of those for a protracted period???

Hadn't thought of that TBH, but as Nod says it isn't a permanent structure, like a large shed, so hopefully shouldn't be a problem. Will check though. (y)

(BTW, It will be sited at the side of the house next to a tall hedge & wouldn't be forward of the line of the front of the house)

Cheers guys.

I was lucky enough to build a large garage before we had an extension built. I can't really see an issue, no different than having a skip on your drive.

Back