Seeking a new printer

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
Yes
Well my old Epson 740 finally gave up the ghost after 7 years of great service so I'm looking for a replacement, I have around £80-£90 to spend on a new one.

My missus is complaining that after I 'made' her go digital with the camera she can no longer get prints of her photos when I'm not around, so I thought I'd go for something where she can pop her memory card in, select an image a print it out. Trying to get her to use a PC and print it would end in bloodshed :)

So have you guys got any recommendations on a decent printer, I like Epsons but I would consider and brand really.

i have the epson r320 very good quality, i paid £100, but have seen it for less

Aye, stick with what you know the new Epson R240 (same as 340 but no card reader) can be had for less than £60, you will be flabbergasted at the improvement in speed and image quality over your 740.

Thanks guys I'll look into each of these and see which suits me best.

Yep, I've got an R340 here. It's got the card reader and dinky little screen on it. Also has a tray thing for printing directly onto Cd's, very handy. Paid for a custom profile from the Dot Foundry and am extremely pleased with the results from it.

I just came across this which seems like a very good price, more than I wanted to pay but isn't that always the case :)

I don't know if that's a mistake or not m8, they seem to have forgotten to add the vat. If it is the case look at the 265 which is the same printer but without the screen/card reader thingy. There's at least one other supplier selling the 360 at around that price mind you...

Well I've ordered one and they have taken payment at that price, should be here tomorrow :)

And nuffink has just bought one too at the same price, no vat added.

Well my R360 arrived this morning and I got it for the price they had listed £114 + P&P seems like they did forget the VAT :)

Just done a couple of test print and it is so much quieter and quicker than my old 740 and the print quality is superb, so I'm one happy bunny :)

Good luck with your new printer - bargain price! Just one thing, a mate of mine (its always 'a mate' innit? ;) ) has an epson printer (dunno which model) with separate colour ink carts, but he says every time he adds a new cart, the machine goes thru a test cycle to initialise the cart and uses ink from all the other carts as well, he reckons he doesnt get any advantage from the separate carts over a multi-colour cart. Anyone else suffer this?

I use 2x epson 1290s printers and an old epson 790 & get very reasonable life out of oem multi-colour carts.

Back