Selection from this morning's chilly vigil! :)

Name
'Gramps'
Edit My Images
No
Last edited:
Very nice Roger, lovely detail in the Little Grebe (y)

Cheers Phil :)

Nice set Roger but for me some of them (CG, avocet, LG) are too close to the bottom edge with too much space above.

Great set of images.

very nice set..
Thanks for the comments Geoff & Mark :)

Nice set Roger but for me some of them (CG, avocet, LG) are too close to the bottom edge with too much space above.
Thanks Chris, I feel it adds to the impression of closeness of the subject but that's just my feeling.
I'm surprised you feel it with the CG as I feel that's pretty well balanced in the frame, though I can fully understand why you mention the other two. :)

Lovely, so nice to see the Grebes isn't it? : )
Thanks Stef, yes I love them ... the Great Crested Grebe pair are generally well out of view up a little creek or on the far side of the lake so it's great to be there at a time that any stray near to the hide :)

Great series of shots Roger. I agree about them being too low in the frame and I'd also rotate the Tufted Duck a few degrees clockwise as it looks on a slant to me.

Great series of shots Roger. I agree about them being too low in the frame and I'd also rotate the Tufted Duck a few degrees clockwise as it looks on a slant to me.
Thanks Kevin, well spotted on the Tufted level, I did miss that :)

Chilly vigil paid off handsomely, Roger :)
- Avocets (of course) and Little Grebe for me from a fine set!

Russ
Thanks Russ, the Avocets are getting very active now :)

Thanks for the comments Geoff & Mark :)

Thanks Chris, I feel it adds to the impression of closeness of the subject but that's just my feeling.
I'm surprised you feel it with the CG as I feel that's pretty well balanced in the frame, though I can fully understand why you mention the other two. :)

On looking at it again, the CG is actually fine, i agree!

Great set, We have a lake a five minute walk from our home and there is a breeding pair of GC Grebes on there and they come close enough in. Went to watch them earlier and plan on going back with the 400mm 2.8 to get some images.

Great set, We have a lake a five minute walk from our home and there is a breeding pair of GC Grebes on there and they come close enough in. Went to watch them earlier and plan on going back with the 400mm 2.8 to get some images.
Don't forget to post them up :)

Back