Self Adhesive Foamex/PVC Foamboard

Edit My Images
No
Hi does anyone know where I can order some Self Adhesive Foamex/PVC Foamboard in the UK or EU? Finding it hard to source it.

Thanks,
Bryan

I know this sounds like I'm being funny but I just googled it and theres loads of places but none that seem to be on the main street.

I know this sounds like I'm being funny but I just googled it and theres loads of places but none that seem to be on the main street.

You must be a better googler than I. Can you provide a link please?

Last edited:

Thanks for the help. Unfortunately none of the links are to places that sell Self Adhesive Foamex, theres a few to sign companies that sell signs printed on self adhesive vinyl stuck to Foamex and the rest seem to be standard self adhesive foamcore board.

Thanks for the help. Unfortunately none of the links are to places that sell Self Adhesive Foamex, theres a few to sign companies that sell signs printed on self adhesive vinyl stuck to Foamex and the rest seem to be standard self adhesive foamcore board.

Ah! I see........you are seeking only for "Foamex" board not a generic type product, sorry if I made an assumption too far. Though why the branded product not the generic.

Is Foamex with a self adhesive face actually available from the manufacturer???

Ah! I see........you are seeking only for "Foamex" board not a generic type product, sorry if I made an assumption too far. Though why the branded product not the generic.

Is Foamex with a self adhesive face actually available from the manufacturer???

Well Foamex or PVC Foamboard, just want something more ridged than standard foamcore. It seems very easy to get self adhesive Gatorfoam and Sintra Pvc Foam in the US but can't seem to find any available in the EU/UK.

Right, I have drilled down and learned that Foamex is itself a generic name for "foamed pvc sheet"!

There are three 'brand names' I have come across ~ Foamalite, Forex and Palight. None of which it seems are made with a self adhesive face. Because the industry usage is to print direct on it or stick a self adhesive printed vinyl to it.

It therefore seems like two alternatives:-
Buy the 'no brand name' generic stuff that has been post processed to add the s/a layer.
Find a supplier who will coat one of the 'branded' grades......though I surmise not an economic route as high minimum quantity required.

PS sorry posted before refresh so missed your post above :(

Last edited:
Well Foamex or PVC Foamboard, just want something more ridged than standard foamcore. It seems very easy to get self adhesive Gatorfoam and Sintra Pvc Foam in the US but can't seem to find any available in the EU/UK.

Ok @bryan06 I wonder if this one from an art & scholastic supplies company meets the criteria (akin to Self adhesive Gatorboard) @ 5mm thick.

It look like Gatorboard i.e. a polyethylene core with outer layers 'paper' compared to foamed PVC which one material and as you say likely more flexible at even 5mm thick.

https://www.seawhite.co.uk/online/index.php?route=product/product&path=69_211&product_id=3920

I suggest you phone Seawhites for more details and maybe even a cut piece sample?......they do have a shop at their Partridge Green site.......or did when I was last down there 2 years ago!

Last edited:
Ok @bryan06 I wonder if this one from an art & scholastic supplies company meets the criteria (akin to Self adhesive Gatorboard) @ 5mm thick.

It look like Gatorboard i.e. a polyethylene core with outer layers 'paper' compared to foamed PVC which one material and as you say likely more flexible at even 5mm thick.

https://www.seawhite.co.uk/online/index.php?route=product/product&path=69_211&product_id=3920

I suggest you phone Seawhites for more details and maybe even a cut piece sample?......they do have a shop at their Partridge Green site.......or did when I was last down there 2 years ago!

Great, thank you!

Bryan, I will add my company always has boatloads of off cuts knocking around. Would only really be worth your while if you were close to me, near Derby, Derbyshire any good?

Back