Self Portrait

Agree with the Russell Crowd comment.
Find the image a little dark on the RHS though.

I like it, so I take it the 16 yo is taking the credit?
:LOL:

Agree with the Russell Crowd comment.
Find the image a little dark on the RHS though.
Well the plan was for a contrasty kind of shot, so further to just the lighting I have pushed the black levels down quite a bit. I'm just a sucker for high contrast mono!

it's very nicely done, but the brighter cheek is just a bit too hot for my taste, it's very nearly lost all detail but I'm sure it'd be recoverable. Alternatively you could lower the blacks so you lost detail there too, then it would look more balanced & deliberate.

it's very nicely done, but the brighter cheek is just a bit too hot for my taste, it's very nearly lost all detail but I'm sure it'd be recoverable. Alternatively you could lower the blacks so you lost detail there too, then it would look more balanced & deliberate.
^ I agree with this.

To be honest, most on here bleet on about blown hllighlights all the time so I'm amazed it didn't come up sooner :D

Cheers guys personal taste and all that I guess. The highlights aren't technically blown and there was actually plenty of latitude in the original exposure, so I could certainly make the left side less hot.

Back