Selling a lens (not a sales post dont worry)

Dangermouse

Squeaky Clean
Edit My Images
No
Nearly two weeks ago I sent a mint and I really do mean MINT lens to a well known lens trader company, a few days later I received an email saying they couldn't buy it as it has damp on the front element, I did take some photos before sending and honestly this lens has absolutely no issues at all, it really is....was a minter.
Today it arrived back, everything looks fine apart from a 62mm Hoya UV filter that was on the lens is now missing, so I have given the lens a good looking at and can see no signs of any damp or any marks on the element at all:thinking: but what I have noticed is the filter threads are damaged, I have emailed said company and so far had an email back saying they will send a replacement filter, why not mine that was sent with the lens and so far waiting for an explanation as to why the filter threads are now damaged, I do have before pics and now after pics which I wont show until I hear back, but has anyone else had problems sending a lens into a large dealer and had it returned with problems that were not there before it was sent.

Only ever traded one lens this way, and The company I used were superb. A very fair price offered and assessed the lens to the exact same grade as I had and a fast turn around.
I actually exchanged a lens and part ex'd mine towards it, but same principle.

is it possible they've received 2 lenses together and mixed up the correspondence ? ie: contacted you about a damp lens instead of your own?
I assume the serial ID on the returned lens is the same.

hope you get it all sorted.

Only heard of one company behaving like this, that particular one is in the midlands.

I had the same issue with quite possibly the same well known lens trader who sent it back to me saying there was mold inside the lens!

why send the lens away with a filter on?
it might have been siezed and they had to remove it to inspect hence the thread issue.

why send the lens away with a filter on?
it might have been siezed and they had to remove it to inspect hence the thread issue.

I have no use for the filter, I have pics showing the lens with it on and off taken within seconds of each other, it wasn't locked on and easily removed by hand, as for the serial, yes its the same.

Back