Selling Lightroom?

Name
thomas
Edit My Images
Yes
If i uninstall LR from my computer can i sell the license number (LR6 perpetual license)?

I think it was possible to install on two machine i only installed on one machine at the time.
So can i sell the one remaining.
Or can i sell the two once i uninstall from my computer?

I was part of the very against monthly subscription user, there nothing in the latest lightroom feature wise which i really need. But on another hand the gain of speed sound very interesting!

As far as I aware you can sell the uninstall and sell the standalone version but need to contact adobe to sort out the transfer. Although adobe allow you to install on two computers it has to be for your own use and used on one computer at a time (ie you can’t use it on both computers at the same time). Unfortunately you can’t use it on one computer and also sell it to someone else to use on another computer as you only buy one licence for yourself, it’s just that one licence lets you install it on two computers. Hope that makes sense.

I believe it has to be deregistered which entails contacting Adobe

When my old PC crashed I had to contact Adobe to enable LR to be installed on the new machine (it was also installed on a laptop)

You contact Adobe, both the sellar and buyer have to sign an agreement
Ive done it twice

Did this last year. Sold mine to someone on here.
Contact Adobe and they email you a form. Both of you have to sign it (cue scanning and emails back and forth) and then you email it back to them. They then transfer the licence to the buyer.
A bit longwinded in a digital age but it does work.
Adobe just don't like doing it - they would rather sell you a new product!

Back