Beginner Sending images to DS colourlabs

Name
Darren
Edit My Images
Yes
Any idiot proof advice for sending my images from light room to Ds colour labs from light room?

I want to have printed a 20x16 Acrylic picture but don't know how to get started.

The tutorial videos are about 5 years old and not matching what I have.

Any help very welcome.

Thanks in advance

Darren

Get the image how you want it cropped to the correct ratio, then use the export feature in lightroom.

Export it as a JPEG probably as srgb but check on dscl website, and their normal required ppi (pixels per inch) even if it requires up sizing is 300, so resize it to 6000pixels wide, you may want to allow lightroom to do some additional sharpening for print on export but this really is trial and error. Choose a file name.

Then it's just a case of going into dscl's website and uploading the exported JPEG image file from your hard drive.

If at any point you have made a mistake or want to tweak the processing in lightroom then go straight back into develop and tweak the original RAW then re export it, don't do anything with the already exported JPEG from lightroom other than upload it for print if you are happy with it.

Darren, you may be jumping in at the deep end. If you've never printed before, which isn't clear from your post, I'd start with smallish prints on paper. It's a cheap way of proofing how what you see on your monitor translates to print. Start there if necessary, then ask again on here or talk to the lab if you see a problem ...

Any idiot proof advice for sending my images from light room to Ds colour labs from light room?

I want to have printed a 20x16 Acrylic picture but don't know how to get started.

The tutorial videos are about 5 years old and not matching what I have.

Any help very welcome.

Thanks in advance

Darren
DSColour lab does great work, first, they will not alter your image and print it just as you send it in.

This means you need to have your screen calibrated 100% correct for brightness, contrast, and colour, along with setting the white point, best set to D65
On their website you will need to download the correct profile for the media you are going to have your work printed on, this will let you see how the colour s might change or be out of gambit.

Back