Set from Glencoe (pic heavy)

Name
Scott
Edit My Images
No
New to forum so thought after introducing myself in the welcome section I should post up some pictures.
I generally only have an interest in landscapes, particularly in the Scottish Highlands and Islands so thought I'd start with Glencoe where I can be found mooching around most weekends.
I understand Glencoe is a very popular with photographers so apologise if these appear repetitive.

Loch Achlaise on a very dull and overcast day.

Achlaise Blues (Explored 14/12/14) by Scott Robertson, on Flickr

A very popular spot for photographers but it's rare to see Lagangarbh with this much snow. There's a big story to go with this picture but I wont bore you with it.

Buachaille Etive Mor (Explored #4 on 15/01/2015) by Scott Robertson, on Flickr

There's a pattern forming here. I do enjoy taking a picture of the Buachaille now and then and in the snow. Winter is my favourite and most productive season of the year..

Moody Buachaille II by Scott Robertson, on Flickr

The Buachaille again folks. The mountain this is taken from is called Beinn a Chrulaiste. It's a fairly boring unassuming pile of rock. The title for this picture comes from repeated ascents of Chrulaiste for over two years for this one shot. I reckon I've been up about 15 to 20 times shooting this view from all angles in all weathers in all seasons. It was with great delight I finally got the shot I wanted back in October. It's a four stitch pano so forum limits aren't helping.

Two years, too long by Scott Robertson, on Flickr

On my way to somewhere else on the moor I couldn't refuse just one more shot of that mountain.

Stob Dearg, Buachaille Etive Mor. by Scott Robertson, on Flickry because the tim

Been going off the big views in Glencoe lately, enjoying the smaller more intimate scene which I find more rewarding and more of a challenge at the moment.

Achtriochtan trees. by Scott Robertson, on Flickr

Never been a blazing colour kind of guy but do enjoy the occasional pre dawn sunrise. The frozen Loch Ba during a very subtle sunrise.

Loch Ba by Scott Robertson, on Flickr

One of my favourite pictures from this season, which has been poor, so far. As I said earlier I find the smaller view much more rewarding at the moment.

Icefall by Scott Robertson, on Flickr

Hope you enjoy and thanks for looking.

Welcome Sir....!!

An awesome set (per usual) Scott, great dedication to the landscape, brilliant skills. w O w

I see your using that 16-35mm f4 lens with great effect.....!

Regards;
Peter
Scotland

Last edited:

I shall thank you1000 times for the pleasures!

Stunning images....:clap:

Cracking set. Number two has me sitting here shivering ! Looks kinda cold.

A truly wonderful set with an almost impossible ability to pick a favourite.

If I had to though it would be #3 as it just screams the power of mother nature in both the land formation and the impending weather. Beautifully composed and rendered i could stare at it all day!
Thank you kindly for sharing.

Awful, really awful. Remove them all to prevent further harm to adults and minors.

:D

Special.

Been there twice, both times then weather was against us.

I'll revisit before I comment further.

Cheers.

Great set of images from a popular location, but the last one is a brilliant capture, and should be a wallhanger for sure. Well done

WOW ! this set of photos is amazing !!! Simply stunning set !!! well done

Simply stunning. Captured fantastically. I could go on........but I don't have time :)

Great Set!

Holly S==t, these are an excellent set of pictures.
Number 3/4 are a pleasure to look at and definitely my favorite.

Very impressive set of pictures, I really do like both 3 and 4.

No 3 is the imposing nature of the mountain and No4 is the light and way the clouds surround the peak.

All in all a superb set, 3,4,6& 7 are exceptional picture. I'm looking forward to seeing much more of your view of Scotland,
Geoff

Absolutely beautiful images....seriously.

Really nice set of images... #3, #5 and #8 for me..... i love how the light on the mountain in #3 breaks it away from the background (sky) and the overall pp on it. Someone mentioned that you're using the 16-35... this is the best set i've seen captured with that lens... really nice..

Some really lovely captures there, so makes me wish I was up there, we usually go every year at Easter but we not going this year and will miss it for sure. We hoping to o next Easter which is later in April again (im trying to talk wife into 2 weeks then too)

Beautiful set of images. Really makes me want to go there! :)

Back