Sgwd Ddwli waterfall

Name
Stu
Edit My Images
No
I went up Sgwd Ddwli waterfall last week for a recce on Autumn colour (and a nice walk in the sun with the GF!) - I normally wouldn't go in full sunlight but I was pleased to do so on this occasion as the sun shone through the spray coming off the waterfall which gave some nice light beams.

Lee Landscape Polariser, 0.6ND Hard Grad & Little Stopper.

Early Autumn Falls
by Stu Meech, on Flickr

Like that Stu although I do think that beam of light coming through is 'competing' with the waterfall given it's similar appearance (hope that makes sense!).
Other than that, lovely.

Like that Stu although I do think that beam of light coming through is 'competing' with the waterfall given it's similar appearance (hope that makes sense!).
Other than that, lovely.
Yes a totally valid point, I sat on it for a couple of days and thought the composition was a bit unbalanced, but can only do so much given that's the only direction the light sees through the trees.

It's a nice spot tho, probably quite far for you!

Great image right there, Timing and exposure are spot on. Looks like a little taste of paradise.

Yes a totally valid point, I sat on it for a couple of days and thought the composition was a bit unbalanced, but can only do so much given that's the only direction the light sees through the trees.

It's a nice spot tho, probably quite far for you!

Dunno Stu, I 'popped' over to the Lake District at the weekend (Haha from Norfolk, and Eastern Norfolk at that!) and shall be returning next weekend (dropping the Mrs to be off to sort our wedding out for next year, gives me all day Saturday and Sunday morning)!

Still a lovely shot mate!

That's a very nice image Stu, lovely light, good composition, and some great reflections.(y)

George.

Nice work and I recomend people view it large on Flickr.

Great image right there, Timing and exposure are spot on. Looks like a little taste of paradise.
Cheers mate.

I like the way there's three things going on. Great scene.
Cheers, I'm glad you think so - I did think it was a little cluttered but I do like the result.

I'm loving the beam of light and the lovely golden light as opposed to the normal drab grey light often seen in waterfall shots
Yeah nice to go in different conditions Steve, just goes to show the 'rules' are there to be broken.

Lovely shot, the beams are an added bonus!
Cheers John.

The beam adds balance the shot otherwise your eyes would dart between the waterfall and the swirl in the water. Try a bit of a crop on the right just before the beam of light.
Thanks Roy, I did try a square but thought the width was better on reflection.

That's a very nice image Stu, lovely light, good composition, and some great reflections.(y)
Thanks George.

Nice work and I recomend people view it large on Flickr.
Thanks Alf.

Back