Aura
Edit My Images
Yes
In Harnham, nr Salisbury

Attachments

• SheepSunlight.jpg
    SheepSunlight.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 60
That's one of my favourite pieces and my favourite music period is Baroque and I love to hear the Oboe. Hope this is ok in this forum but had to respond..

we do tend to talk about sharing our other likes as well...
i thought it ok..bet you have put a few shots on here anyway

i heartily agree on both counts..
i played oboe for a number of years in a string orchestra and bach's inventions were good practice, (as we played light classical music and mainly re-arranged symphonies for small orchestra and not any Bach.)
if you listen to the inventions, you will really enjoy them...dont know any particular numbers but any invention i am sure will satisfy.
cheers
geof

Last edited:
we do tend to talk about sharing our other likes as well...
i thought it ok..bet you have put a few shots on here anyway

i heartily agree on both counts..
i played oboe for a number of years in a string orchestra and bach's inventions were good practice, (as we played light classical music and mainly re-arranged symphonies for small orchestra and not any Bach.)
if you listen to the inventions, you will really enjoy them...dont know any particular numbers but any invention i am sure will satisfy.
cheers
geof

That's great..playing in an orchestra.I enjoy a very wide range of music,Geof and compose too (on piano/keyboard work station...Roland G70) ..even have a personal CD..lol) although, oddly, I can't read music Easier to say what kind of music I don't like than what I do. Don't like modern jazz..Traditioinal, fine.

Right now..4.40pm..listening to the life of Freddie Mercury Radio 4. It's on until 5.00pm.

That's great..playing in an orchestra.I enjoy a very wide range of music,Geof and compose too (on piano/keyboard work station...Roland G70) ..even have a personal CD..lol) although, oddly, I can't read music Easier to say what kind of music I don't like than what I do. Don't like modern jazz..Traditioinal, fine.

Right now..4.40pm..listening to the life of Freddie Mercury Radio 4. It's on until 5.00pm.

Mrs Toad and I played in a Basie big band in london...we both read...its essential for accuracy in a large group
she on alto
me on baritone

but classical is my foundation and is the best example of what the human brain is capable of in sheer complexity of thought...its inspired...think why that music will last beyond all others...its more than music its a way into the soul
:pompous:

Mrs Toad and I played in a Basie big band in london...we both read...its essential for accuracy in a large group
she on alto
me on baritone

but classical is my foundation and is the best example of what the human brain is capable of in sheer complexity of thought...its inspired...think why that music will last beyond all others...its more than music its a way into the soul
:pompous:

Absolutely agree re. the last paragraph. I feel sorry for those, who, generally, through no fault of theirs, aren't able to experience that..especially choral. It's in my DNA..lol.

Absolutely agree re. the last paragraph. I feel sorry for those, who, generally, through no fault of theirs, aren't able to experience that..especially choral. It's in my DNA..lol.

K626?? ok!!

K626?? ok!!

Not been able to get on for a week.Might say why in General Discussion.

Yes..K626.Sublime. Used to try and decide between that and Brahms RM. Gave that up....depends on my mood. Panis Angelicus - Poulenc too. Wonderful.

Not been able to get on for a week.Might say why in General Discussion.

Yes..K626.Sublime. Used to try and decide between that and Brahms RM. Gave that up....depends on my mood. Panis Angelicus - Poulenc too. Wonderful.

i am not a great listener of all the choral works...but the "Ode" scores for me and having played oboe for Zadok felt quite moved..literally when the chorus blew us away after the intro.
i have heard bits and pieces of what is stirring singing but not known the name of the pieces...:(
i was taken for some time by castrati singing for the purity
Rutter pieces i find pleasing also
cheers
geof

Back