Shetland Snaps

Name
Andrew
Edit My Images
Yes
Popped up to Shetland for a few days, not got through everything but here's a few from the so far pile :)
1, Meal beach
The Red house at Meal Beach, Shetland by andrew simpson, on Flickr
2, going to the beach
Going to the beach by andrew simpson, on Flickr
3, Moon rise at The Knab
Looking over The Knab in Lerwick across to Bressay as the moon rises by andrew simpson, on Flickr
4, Mousa Broch
Mousa Broch, Shetland. by andrew simpson, on Flickr
5, Looking across to Mousa Island
Looking to Mousa Island by andrew simpson, on Flickr
6, St Ninians Isle and tombolo. 7 frames in portrait stitched.
St Ninians isle, Shetland Pano by andrew simpson, on Flickr

I really like your obsessive quest for layering and
depth in your captures…it pays off! (y)(y)(y)

Compositionally the first one is by far and away the best one for me - lovely layers leading you to the distant house. I like 2,3 and 5 also.

The 4th one could have been a good composition but the light is just too flat to save it. Last one might have been a good mono candidate with that sky although I'd clone the bird out at the edge of the frame that is pulling the eye a bit.

Compositionally the first one is by far and away the best one for me - lovely layers leading you to the distant house. I like 2,3 and 5 also.

The 4th one could have been a good composition but the light is just too flat to save it. Last one might have been a good mono candidate with that sky although I'd clone the bird out at the edge of the frame that is pulling the eye a bit.
Cheers Stu. understand what you are saying and in the bird one I wanted to keep it clear that it was sand so the B&W didn't work for me, maybe I'll try again
2 days heavily overcast and 2 that cleared to bright sunshine and the moonrise evening was the only one with a hint of colour, It was good as a scouting trip, I'll be back

I really like your obsessive quest for layering and
depth in your captures…it pays off! (y)(y)(y)
Cheers Daniel,

Back