Shingle Street b+w Colour version added

Lovely work, love the tones. 1 is my pick. Whilst 2 is a nice image, I don't think it's as together as the first.

No1 for me to. Love the abstract shapes in the sand bars and the LE on the sky makes a perfect combination Paul. You did a great job

No1 for me to. Love the abstract shapes in the sand bars and the LE on the sky makes a perfect combination Paul. You did a great job

Thanks very much, appreciate it. It's a great place with lots of different shapes happening, although hard work walking through the shingle beach.

Would love to see number 2 redone with the exposure duration of number 1

wish was one one mine ,,,, so wanna go down there for a shoot,,,,, be a bit of a change from Glencoe
It would be worth the trip down as the whole of the Suffolk coast has a lot to offer. No spectacular cliffs but some beautiful coastal towns and uninhabited beaches, and then there are the Suffolk clouds!

wish was one one mine ,,,, so wanna go down there for a shoot,,,,, be a bit of a change from Glencoe

It's a great coastline and so many opportunities probably like Glencoe and the surrounding area, albeit no mountains [emoji22]

This is a great place and always something different each time I visit. Sky wasn't brilliant so a long exposure and converted to b+w.

'Forming' Shingle Street 27.10.16 by Paul Cronin 1, on Flickr

Then I was lucky as this swan was enjoying a little swim nearby

Shingle Street 27.10.16 by Paul Cronin 1, on Flickr
Nice images Paul. Shingle Street is such a popular location. My favourite of your two images is the second. It's different. A long B&W exposure of Shingle Street is a bit cliched (in my opinion). Lovely to shoot when we're there but it's become a bit expected and as a result a little unoriginal. I love the composition of your second image with the lovely line from the left bottom corner and the addition of the swan makes it. Did you process a colour version of this? If so it would be great to see it.

1st is very nice Paul although I do prefer more moody LE images in this location personally! I think I've seen so many amazing images of this location now it really does have to be a "wow" image or significantly different to stand out from the crowd.

Nice images Paul. Shingle Street is such a popular location. My favourite of your two images is the second. It's different. A long B&W exposure of Shingle Street is a bit cliched (in my opinion). Lovely to shoot when we're there but it's become a bit expected and as a result a little unoriginal. I love the composition of your second image with the lovely line from the left bottom corner and the addition of the swan makes it. Did you process a colour version of this? If so it would be great to see it.

Thank you Claire for those words. I do agree its a popular place, but it seems different every time I go. The second one was processed from b+w as the sky was meh but I'm away for a couple of weeks so will add it when I'm back. The swan I think was a little bonus but he wasn't interested in being part of my shot although I was trying to get the head and neck to be a similar composition to the island, if that makes sense.

1st is very nice Paul although I do prefer more moody LE images in this location personally! I think I've seen so many amazing images of this location now it really does have to be a "wow" image or significantly different to stand out from the crowd.

Thanks Neil, and yes I know exactly what you mean about the place and a special picture to get noticed. The sky was sadly not as dramatic as I would have wanted but my pp needs a lot more practise :p although I had one I processed to within a pixel of its life in NIK which I liked.

Love 1 [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji121]️️

I love the patterns of number 1 in the shingle.

Must go here one day. I love the fact every shot you see is subtly different, from the sea moving everything around I suppose!

It would be worth the trip down as the whole of the Suffolk coast has a lot to offer. No spectacular cliffs but some beautiful coastal towns and uninhabited beaches, and then there are the Suffolk clouds!

think it may be on the cards ,,,,,, be a change going south ,,, when most peeps are coming north the Glencoe lol

Back