Shipping from Hong Kong

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi Guys

i have been looking at shipping a couple of items from hong kong, via one of the following suppliers:-

One Stop Digital
HK Supplies
T-Dimension

does any one have any good or bad feed back on using these routes.

thanks

Gavin

onestop digital have a guaranteed no duty policy and their price includes shipping...thinking about buying through them myself as not heard any horror stories

I've bought 2 or so lenses and plenty of accessories from them (one stop). I've been charged VAT once, so emailed them, they asked me to send the invoice to them in HK. I copied it, sent them the original and had the amount refunded to my paypal account within a week.

Items arrive well packed, in really good condition and I wouln't hesitate to recommend them to friends.

Why bother with Hong Kong when kerso can deliver the goods just as cheap if not cheaper in some cases..:)

I have used Onestop Digital before Made the order on a Thursday, got an email on the Friday to say my order had been sent (one item via a courier, the other via Honk Kong Post) and both arrived the following Monday morning. Would have been no quicker from a UK site!

Only read good things about them, and my experience was no different. I guess it is only when things go wrong you really get to see how good a company is but I have been lucky not to need to find out.

One word of warning though, Sigma will not honour the warranty on items unless you have a receipt showing you paid sales tax locally or VAT on import.

Michael.

I agree with the positive aspects of One-Stop having experienced a number of quick painless purchases & one where I got charged Duty / VAT but got my charges back no problem ... However I would always check prices with Ian (Kerso) first as I believe if there was a warranty issue you are in a better position with what Ian provides ...
Paul ;)

Because in some cases he is more expensive.

Michael.

For piece of mind kerso always gets my vote and money.;)

Never had the pleasure of returning goods back to Hong Kong.:help:

digital rev??
I've heard horror stories about returning to them, inc one from my friend.
He actually ended up paying for the repair himself, as they wanted Nikon to put in writing that the camera was faulty, and Nikon would not provide the evidence.

I always use OSD, or a local bloke who is similar to stuv

I've used kea-photo for a number if items (bought my 1Ds MKII from him), always reliable and trustworthy.

I have had gear from onestop with no problems,but very few canon lenses have international warranty,ur-galaxy are also very good and some have canon int warranty,kerso is very good and all have int warranty.;)

I've used onestop myself before, very fast dekivery and no customs charges, I've also used HKSupplies (etefore) via eBay again with fast delivery and no charges.

I like the fact that I can pick up from Ian (kerso). Having a real problem with 7dayshop at the moment, will start a thread on this if not resolved soon

I haven't heard of 'Kerso' before, is it a shop in the UK, online, on Ebay?

I bought a Nikon D200 from DigitalRev on Ebay at Christmas, and had a mixed experience. They were the cheapest price, and promised to refund any import tax, should it be charged, as part of the sale.

Poor communication trying to sort out my preferred courier had me worried I would have to travel a fair distance should the courier be able to deliver to my door (I live behind security gates) :shake:. The tracking number given was in the wrong format, and after trying to work it out for a couple of days, while being unable to get in touch with DigitalRev, once I did, I found the camera 30 miles away in Manchester. :)

So, as I said, part of the sale was the understanding that any import duty would be refunded. About 3 weeks after delivery, I received a letter from the courier asking for the import duty. I copied the letter and emailed DigitalRev, and they refunded the money within a day or 2. Which I was very impressed with. :D

So a mixed experience. Cheapest price, :D poor communication, :( promptly refunded import duty. :D

Back